Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
I'm currently a necron player but there isn't too much more to collect before I've filled out my FOC. As such, I'm looking to start the next army soon and orks looked very appealing to me.

So I ask the 'ardened bosses of de Orks, could you help me build a 500pt list that is well-balanced (or that works the best) that I could start off with?

Okay, here's what I've come up with for now. Though I'm pretty sure that there is a fair bit that can go wrong very easily with this list.

HQ:
Warboss w/PK, twin-linked shoota, 'eavy armour (to be attached to da 'ard boyz)
95pts

Troops:
'ard Boyz x 10 w/ one big shoota, 'ard Boy nob x 1 w/ big choppa and bosspole
trukk w/ram for transport
170pts

Boyz x 11, nob x 1 w/ big choppa and bosspole
92pts

Shoota boyz x 11 w/ one rokkit launcha, nob w/ big choppa and boss pole
142pts

Total: 499pts

OKay, that's what I've managed to come up with for the time being. I am in dire need of guidance and would greatly appreciate criticism/advice.

Thanks in advance and greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
well, 500 points isnt much to work with now, is it?
my first question is about your boss. why the shoota? also, my warboss rarely even rolls his armor save, and unless you're playing against someone with an emperors champ or snipers or something, he should be fine w/o armor actually, but its only 5 points so what the hell.
my second question is why do your trukks have rams? plan on playing through a lot of terrain?
*Most seasoned ork players say big choppas are useless. I'm not really sure why. in vital situations they can let you wound on 2's, or provide some last-ditch anti-tank efforts in the right positioning. However, if you have the points or can free them up, always go PK
*Personally, I think boss poles are a waste on any unit under 20 models, and I'd like to hear someone with even more experience than I try and give them support of any kind. Orks are fearless at 10+ models, so you'll only have to test when they fall below that number. a boss pole requires killing a boy to use, and especially at lower point games (500-750), one less boy is a big problem. and its only a re-roll!! you might fail your second role, have killed a boy, and will still fall back

my final question is, why are your shoota boys in a trukk? why not the second unit of sluggas?

·
Registered
248 Posts
It looks solid to me - But I think you should drop the 'Ard boys, and get some Nobs - I'm not saying get rid of the boys alltogether, but just make them regular boys. Put the Nobs and the Warboss behind a line of Choppas or Shootas (In my preference, shootas), and run them up the board together, while you blitzkrieg with your Trukks.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much guys for your input.

Just to further refine it (if it can be), here's the updated list. I have about 10pts leftover, what do you recommend I should spend those on?

HQ:
Warboss w/PK, kombi shoota/scorcha
90pts

Troops:

Boyz x 10 w/ a big shoota, nob x 1 w/big choppa and bosspole
trukk w/ram for transport (warboss rides with this lot)
126pts

Boyz x 11, nob x 1 w/big choppa and bosspole
132pts

Shoota Boyz x 11 w/ rokkit launcha, nob x 1 w/ big choppa and bosspole
142pts

Total 490pts

Where should the last 10pts go? Is there anything I should change around?

·
510 Posts
I like big choppas in Nob units but when it comes to boys you need the Power klaw so that you can take care of armor.

Rockit launchas are worthless in boy units so i would drop it and turn it into a big shoota

With your guys being in trucks your looking at being in CC on turn 2 so turn the shoota boyz into slugga boyz with this kind of list your not looking at really shooting a hole lot in the same respect i would drop the hevey wepons from the boyz units for the same ression y waist points on shooting your not really going to do with those points you could add another PK to one of your boyz units

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, just let me make the changes....

There, list v1.3:

HQ:
Warboss w/PK, kombi shoota/scorcha
90pts

Troops:

Boyz x 10, nob x 1 w/big choppa and bosspole
trukk w/ram for transport (warboss rides with this lot)
126pts

Boyz x 11, nob x 1 w/PK and bosspole
152pts

Boyz x 11, nob x 1 w/ big choppa and bosspole
132pts

Total 500pts

Managed to fit a PK in a mob after removing big shootas and rokkits. I don't think there is a lot more that could be changed but I'm all ears for further suggestions.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know... it made sense to put them on, in case I'd screw up a morale test when the mob numbers around 6 or so.
Is there something that the 5pts per mob could be better spent on?

·
Registered
20 Posts
eh, after really looking at it, at 500 points, it may be better to keep your boys in the fight, even if it means losing one or two. in a larger battle id say drop some BP's and a big choppa and swing for another PK, but i like the list. i want to know how your first battles turn out

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sure thing. Mind you, it might be a while before that happens as I've only got a handful of boyz and a warboss at the moment, which is nowhere near 500pts at this stage.

Once I get some more disposable income, I'll be getting the goods and battling with them.

·
Registered
140 Posts
hey Skorcha, i kinda thought the same thing before, but um, you should read the thread of Should i take boss poles. haha, i asked a similar question and well... they Tore me limb from limb =P DARN MATH! Take the Boss poles!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.