Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Blistering Barnacles!
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear all, here are my progression lists up to 2000pts. I’m a fairly experienced Dwarf general but I’ve never done a really competitive army before - each step here builds up on the previous one, with mostly everything kept the same, so I can get to a 2000pt tourney army. I don't want Thorek for the time being, even though it's difficult not to say "competitive Dwarfs" without "Thorek gunline" atm.

500pts

Thane
-Great Weapon
-Master Rune of Gromril
(94)

13 Warriors
-Shields
-Banner + Musician
(132)

10 Thunderers
-Shields
(15O)

Organ Gun

Total: 496

1000pts

Thane
-Great Weapon
-Master Rune of Gromril
(94)

15 Warriors
-Longbeards
-Shields
-Full Command
(205)

14 Warriors
-Great Weapons
-Shields
-Full Command
(179)

10 Thunderers
-Shields
(15O)

10 Quarrellers
-Shields
(12O)

Cannon
-Rune of Forging
-Rune of Burning
(13O)

Organ Gun

Total: 998

1500pts

Thane
-Great Weapon
-Master Rune of Gromril
-Master Rune of Spite
(139)

Runesmith
-Shield
-Rune of Stone (+1 Armour Save)
-Rune of Spellbreaking
-Rune of Spellbreaking
(137)

20 Warriors
-Longbeards
-Shields
-Full Command
(265)

19 Warriors
-Great Weapons
-Shields
-Full Command
(234)

10 Thunderers
-Shields
(15O)

10 Quarrellers
-Shields
(12O)

10 Quarrellers
-Shields
(12O)

Bolt Thrower
-Engineer
-Rune of Penetrating
(85)

Cannon
-Rune of Forging
-Rune of Burning
(13O)

Organ Gun

Total: 1500

2000pts

Lord
-Shieldbearers
-Great Weapon
-Master Rune of Steel
-Rune of Resistance
-Rune of Stone
-Master Rune of Challenge
-Rune of Furnace
(286)

Thane
-Battle Standard Bearer
-Master Rune of Gromril
-Master Rune of Spite
-Rune of Fire
(165)

Runesmith
-Shield
-Great Weapon
-Rune of Stone
-Rune of Spellbreaking
-Rune of Spellbreaking
(141)

22 Warriors
-Longbeards
-Shields
-Full Command
(289)

10 Thunderers
-Shields
(15O)

10 Quarrellers
-Shields
(12O)

15 Hammerers
-Shields
-Full Command
(215)

19 Hammerers
-Shields
-Full Command
-Rune of Courage
(307)

Bolt Thrower
-Engineer
-Rune of Penetrating
(85)

Organ Gun

Organ Gun

Total: 1998

Overall I’m quite pleased with these lists. I may have trouble in the lower level points lists, particularly 1000pts, if I come against certain enemies e.g. strong magic. I think the 2000pts list is solid but I still wasn’t able to fit in quite as much shooting or Slayers as I would’ve liked (unfortunately these guys just get shot too much - the rest of the list is rock solid so they’re an obvious target).

Next off I will be trying an Anvil list.

Hex

·
Registered
404 Posts
In your 2k list, you have 1 longbeard unit and 0 warrior unit. You cannot have more longbeard units than warrior units.

Personally, I think you have too many shooting units < CC units. But if it works for you, just ignore this :)
In your 2k army, I cant really figure, where you want to place your heroes. Runesmith in the big hammerer unit and lord + BSB in the smaller hammerer?

·
quik-quik, kill-kill!
2,651 Posts
I noticed this in your 500 pt list:

9 Thunderers
-Shields
(135)

Minimum unitsize is 10.

The list looks pretty good. And he can have 1 unit longbeards and 0 warriors in 2000 pts, because the lord takes his own clan with him, it allows him to take 1 more unit of longbeards than warriors. It's included in the royal blood rule.

2 organ guns, it's as close to awesome as you can get. You could 1-shot-wipe a unit of chaos knights or warriors with them.

It's ok if you have better experiences with a scrollcaddy, but I'd suggest the Masterrune of balance. He will be -1 powerdice and you +1 dispelldice, so a difference of 2 dice basically. But it's all down to personal preference.

Your lord has the Masterrune of resistance, but it's just a normal rune of resistance, no master. ( if it was you'd have 2 masterrunes of your armour :p )

·
Blistering Barnacles!
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for your input guys - woops that was a silly mistake with the thunderers. Now the 500pts list looks horribly small...

Alrik, I was probably gonna go for the combination you suggested. Either way the Lord is in the small hammerers (the challenging unit) backed up by the other heroes in the big one.

I'll try the MroBalance, for some reason I've only ever gone for scrolls before.

Hex

Do you think there's room to fit a slayer unit in there somewhere? I just realised that I can't field a Dwarf army without slayers :(

·
quik-quik, kill-kill!
2,651 Posts
You could get 5 slayers in there, but not much else without removing other things or making them weaker. scrounge 55 pts from this stuff:
- remove 2 of the longbeards ( why do you have 22 anyway? ;) )
- the shields from the quarrelers and thunderers,
- the runes of fire and furnace.

But thats just about all you can take out.

About your 500 pts list; It's pretty small indeed, although the organgun can take care of a lot of trouble if it doesn't explode. But I think you'll want to consider, do you want the thunderers or do you want a stronger warriorunit. Because at the moment this unit isn't going to stand up to much, with a rankbonus of.. well... 1. I think you've got 2 choices. You can either drop the shields on the thunderers, and use the 14 pts you will have left to buy another warrior, or you could change the thunderers to quarrelers, with great weapons! :D And you'll have 24 pts left, 2 more warriors ( far safer, one always tends to get shot off, or killed first round of combat and it's handy to still have the rank next round ) and an extra unit to reinforce your battleline, or you use to 24 pts left to buy 1 warrior and give the quarrelers the ranger upgrade, it can be pretty handy.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The list looks pretty good. And he can have 1 unit longbeards and 0 warriors in 2000 pts, because the lord takes his own clan with him, it allows him to take 1 more unit of longbeards than warriors. It's included in the royal blood rule.
Ahh ye, totally forgot about that.

You could also drop the champion in the unit where your Lord is going to be. Hes going to take care of challenges anyway.
Consider dropping the quarrellers/thundereres. The more soft units you have, the more targets he will have.

·
Blistering Barnacles!
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could get 5 slayers in there, but not much else without removing other things or making them weaker. scrounge 55 pts from this stuff:
- remove 2 of the longbeards ( why do you have 22 anyway? ;) )
- the shields from the quarrelers and thunderers,
- the runes of fire and furnace.

But thats just about all you can take out.

About your 500 pts list; It's pretty small indeed, although the organgun can take care of a lot of trouble if it doesn't explode. But I think you'll want to consider, do you want the thunderers or do you want a stronger warriorunit. Because at the moment this unit isn't going to stand up to much, with a rankbonus of.. well... 1. I think you've got 2 choices. You can either drop the shields on the thunderers, and use the 14 pts you will have left to buy another warrior, or you could change the thunderers to quarrelers, with great weapons! :D And you'll have 24 pts left, 2 more warriors ( far safer, one always tends to get shot off, or killed first round of combat and it's handy to still have the rank next round ) and an extra unit to reinforce your battleline, or you use to 24 pts left to buy 1 warrior and give the quarrelers the ranger upgrade, it can be pretty handy.
Thanks for your input guys.

I don't want a 5 strong slayer unit, I was thinking more along the lines of 15. I don't want to take the shields from the shooting units, either, these always seem to pay for themselves. The Runes of fire and furnace can be very useful for 10 points together, I will keep those :)

Changes I will make:

500pts list
-Change thunderers to quarellers, add some warriors (but thunderers at 500pts are very strong :()

1500pts
-Knock out some stuff including one unit of quarellers to add some slayers

2000pts
-Remove 3-4 longbeards, a couple of hammerers to make room for a 15 strong slayer unit.
-Drop champ from hammerer unit

·
quik-quik, kill-kill!
2,651 Posts
in 2000 pts you can drop 2 longbeards, 2 hammerers from the 15 strong unit ( 13, + your lord is still 15 spots filled, and 16 unitstrenght because of the shieldbearers ) and 1 quarrelerunit, which is 170 pts.

You can buy 15 slayers with that.

·
Blistering Barnacles!
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I need 3 core choices so I will have to take out a warmachine instead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts