Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the guys have put together a lil' tourny with rules: 500pts combat patrol, no elites, no heavies.

I have sent a post on this topic already but I have since come up with new ideas and list.

the new list I have created is

vet squad 1
carapace
power weapon
melta x2
chimera

vet squad 2
carapace
powerfist
flamer x3
chimera

armoured sent x2 (not in squad)
auto cannon x2

Total 500pts

please, comment and advise.

:)

·
Registered
759 Posts
First of all, well done for keeping the brilliant game that is combat patrol going. Not enough people play it:)

For your veteran squads, you don't need carapace armour if you've got chimeras. The chimera can do the job of protecting them perfectly well. Lose the carapace and you've got 60 points to spend on things. I don't think you need the power weapon and the power fist either. If we get rid of them we've suddenly got 85 points.

The sentinels are fine, but if you were to consider only using one, you'd then have 145 points to spend:D

Now what could you get with that? A company command squad in a chimera? A hellhound/devildog/banewolf? You'd probably even have a few points to give that first vet squad another melta gun.

Just play around a bit. You could get a lot out of this list;)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Nothing like having a squadron of 2 scout sentinels outflank and then pop some bad guys with autocannon fire, or multilaser even especially if your not fighting many heavy armored guys. Definetly like those especially in small point games.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.