Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
500pts First Ork List - Help Needed

Hello,

I am a new ork player slowly coming back to Warhammer after a long break. Played Warhammer FB previously. First experience with 40k. This is my starter 500 list which I would like to take as a core for further expansion. Any help/suggestions are much appreciated. Specifically would like to know about vehicle upgrade choices and balanced tech/hord ork armies. Painting them up as Death Skullz. Hoping to use this army against any opponent and still have fun.

Thanks,
M

HQ:
Warboss - 95
PK; Shoota/Scorcha; 'Eavy armour

Troops:
11 Slugga Boyz - 156
Nob with PK; 'Eavy Armour; Bosspole
Truck with Stikkbomb Chukka; Reinforced Ram

30 Shoota Boys - 240
Nob with PK; 'Eavy Armour; Bosspole
3 Big shootas

Total: 491 (Wasn't sure what to do with remaining 9)

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Looks pretty good, although I'd consider holding the trukk back, so it doesn't get blown away too quickly. Try to hide it in cover until you're ready to strike.

I suggest is removing the 'eavy armor off the nobz (they can't be singled out, so it doesn't really matter), and use the points to give the warboss a cybork body. As for the remaining 9 points, red paint on the trukk never hurts.

Although it's not absolutely necessary, I've found that a small unit of grots really helps in virtually every Ork army, to either sit on objectives, or stand in front of the boyz on foot, to give them a 4+ cover save. For the points, you could always drop the nob/powerklaw from the trukk, put a bosspole on the warboss, and just let him be the unit's powerklaw. This will give you enough points for a small unit of grots, if you like.

Good luck!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for your help, Grax!

Here is an updated version of my list per Grax's suggestions:

HQ:
Warboss - 110
PK; Shoota/Scorcha; Boss Pole; 'Eavy armour; Cybork Body​

Troops:
11 Slugga Boyz - 116