Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. AFter much consideration i have decided to do a paratrooper guard army. I love the idea of going in outnumnbered and with little to no support, and of course coming out on top. This is my first list and its only a rough idea of what i want, so tell me what you think;

506th Irland Airborn:

COLORS:
-Commando Khaki
-Camo Green

Doctrines:
-Carapace Armor
-Sharpshooters
-Veterans
-Drop Troops

HQ:
Command Squad (x5)
-Captain Spears
w/ bolt pistol, pw
-x1 Standard Bearer
-x1 Plasma Gun
-x1 Vox Caster
-x1 Medic

Special Weapons Squad A (x6)
-x3 Sniper Rifles
-x1 vox
-x2 autoguns

Special Weapons Squad B (x6)
-x3 Sniper Rifles
-x1 vox
-x2 autoguns

ELITES:
Hardened Veterans Squad (x10)
-x1 VS w/ Bolter
-x3 Plasma Guns
-x1 Vox
-x5 autoguns
-Mounted in Valkyrie
w/ TW Lascannon, x2 Hvy Bolters, Missiles

Hardened Veterans Squad (x10)
-x1 VS w/ Bolter
-x3 Plasma Guns
-x1 Vox
-x5 autoguns
-Mounted in Valkyrie
w/ TW Lascannon, x2 Hvy Bolters, Missiles

TROOPS:
1st Platoon:
-JO squad (x5)
-VS w/ bolter
-x1 ML team
-x1 melta gun
-x1 vox

First Squad (x10)
-x1 VS w/ bolter
-x1 melta gun
-x1 HVY Bolter team
-x1 Vox
-x5 autoguns

Second Squad (x10)
-x1 VS w/ bolter
-x1 melta gun
-x1 HVY Bolter team
-x1 Vox
-x5 autoguns

2nd Platoon:
-JO squad (x5)
-VS w/ bolter
-x1 ML team
-x1 melta gun
-x1 vox

First Squad (x10)
-x1 VS w/ bolter
-x1 melta gun
-x1 HVY Bolter team
-x1 Vox
-x5 autoguns

Second Squad (x10)
-x1 VS w/ bolter
-x1 melta gun
-x1 HVY Bolter team
-x1 Vox
-x5 autoguns

FAST ATTACK:
-Drop Sentinel
w/ Autocannon, HK Missle
-Drop Sentinel
w/ Autocannon, HK Missle

HEAVY SUPPORT:
-Vulture Gunship
w/ TW Lascannon, HK missiles

Tell me what you think, i know there is kinda a lack of Anti-Tank but that is just being paratrooper fluffy. :drinking:

·
Monkey Pirate
452 Posts
I can tell you right now the simple fact that you have 3 flyers on the table is going to win you a lot of games. Most people aren't going to know what to do against them, especially at first. Now what I'm wondering about is what squads have carapace and drop? Is it all of them? Oh magnetize your hard points for your vulture and valkyrie that way you can mix it up and get more form the model.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Why not take a 5th doctrine? Die Hards or Hardened Fighters would make sense for an regiment of in-your-face drop troopers.

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,768 Posts
I kinda hate being a pain, but you cant mount veterans into valyries unless you are playing elysians which you arent at the moment. Therefore the only units that by rule can be transported in them is storm troopers. If you are playing a friendly game than perhaps your opponent will let you.

Second, valyrie lascannon is not twin linked and hell strike missile are inferior to multi rocket pods. But if I were you, I wouldnt take any upgrades on the valks at all because with fuel tanks you would be able to drop the sentinels in along with the squads which would set you up for a rear tank shot with a multi meta if you take them on sentinels.

Also, if you drop the whole vet sergeant with bolters concept you will have the points to upgrade missile launchers to lascannons which are quite a bit better for obvious reasons.
Snipers arent good in 40k, unlike the vindicare whose the only good sniper in the game. For the points, you can easily take 2 special weapons squads each with a demo charge, which will be a great addition to any drop troops army.

P.S If you want some realy detailed advise than messege Cheradine, he has good experience with elysians and can give you some "drop troop only" suggestions.

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.