1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'm back >.>
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Confirmed items

Ultramarines with molded iconography
S.M. Terminators (5) (unknown weapons)
S.M. Dreadnought (1) (unknown weapons) (apparently a 2 part model)
S.M. marines (unknown size/weapons)
S.M. HQ - Captain (unknown weapons)

Ork Boyz (unknown size/weapons)
Ork Grots (unknown size/weapons)
Ork Deff Koptas (3)
Ork HQ - Warboss (unknown weapons)

Still "more stuff" in the starter box
There is supposedly more stuff to come especially for the orks in plastic.

·
Skeletor=Pimp.
996 Posts
Who confirmed this may I ask, because I was reading this on Warseer and just saw stuff generally all over the wall. Only thing I think is concrete is it being Space Marines and Orks, but if this is the final contents then it's fine by me, I need the models ;Y

-K

·
I'm back >.>
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Merc - Brimstone and Harry from Warseer have confirmed the contents so far and that there is more to come. So it is the final content basically but with more orks I think.

Youngy - The problem with the starter boxes are that they are for starters :p. The models can be remodeled currently I don't see this changing. I've seen whole armies done from the BoM Marines looked great with a few head swaps and twists etc.

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
The problem with starter boxes is that they are not modelable. For a more experienced collecter it is not as rewarding.
Well the old 40K one was quite nice with the space marines and dark eldar. But it is true that the newer starter sets are designed for simple and quick assembly, stick them together and get straight on to the gaming. Not many Veterans buy the starter game, they buy the rule book and an armies book/ codex. This isnt a flame its my view so please dont take it as an attack.

Ultramarines with molded iconography
S.M. Terminators (5) (unknown weapons)
S.M. Dreadnought (1) (unknown weapons) (apparently a 2 part model)
S.M. marines (unknown size/weapons)
S.M. HQ - Captain (unknown weapons)

Ork Boyz (unknown size/weapons)
Ork Grots (unknown size/weapons)
Ork Deff Koptas (3)
Ork HQ - Warboss (unknown weapons)

Still "more stuff" in the starter box
How much is this starter set going to be? The current one retails at £50, this one with all the contents you have listed will cost atleast £75+.

I dont see it functioning correctly at this price, the starter set is how the staff of gamesworkshop sell 40K to new customers in alot of circumstances. Pursuading a parent or teenager (or older) to purchase a £50 box set is difficult nevermind one which costs more!

To the people who are going to say, 'why not just buy the rulebook and the codex', if you dont buy the starter set, then why make one?

Who would want a 2 part Dreadnought model? :?
My gosh, it will be aweful. Front and back?

Wow, sorry about that!!

Dan

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't know if the cost will be too high. Look at BFSP, it comes with 109 mini's, rules, paints, and other stuff and only costs $60. I would think that the new 40k starter will cost somewhere around the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.