Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

I am a marine player, and current only get games when i travel 50min into the city to my local GW store. When i began, i bought the BFM boxed set, which came with some Nids' as most people know. My girlfriend thought they were "cute" or something :wacko: lol but i thought i could use this to my advantage. See at first she was like...."im not touching that stuff"...but now shes getting pretty interested. So i thought id buy her an army to start playing with. She will ONLY be playing marines, cause thats what i play, and she said if she did play then im the only person she would play with. Satisfied with this answer, i now am on a journey to build this army. I was looking at 600-750 points to start with. Now i know nothing about nids, so i was wondering if someone could help me put something decent together containing as much of the BFM nids as possible. Basicly i want her to have a really really gud chance of ripping me apart...cause if she wins the first few times....shell lyk it more :yes:

Thanks for any help you can give me
SB

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ive been looking around, and i come to a decision that ill just buy her the battle force. Seems to be pretty solid. I play nids once, and lost :( and his army was much similar to the battle force army.

I anyone has baught the battle force before or reckon its a bad idea, please comment. I dont wanna make a $150 mistake! :(

·
Registered
211 Posts
You are talking about the nid battle force i assume? The newer battle force comes with a carnifex, which is pretty cool... It has a pretty nice array of guys... and if you're into ebay you can get it for a good 25 to 30% off the normal $120. I have the 3rd edition battle force and it was a pretty good deal. As far as the new nid battle force...it's a good buy, as long as you get the nid codex and understand biomorphs and synapse (as a new nid player these things can be tricky to get right)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Oh and to clear things up a bit... Buying items from the store as oppose to ebay or something helps keep that store in business thus giving you a place to play... so what i ment about ebay earlier is basically if its a tight money issue..but yeah anyway...

·
Returning Lawman!
1,712 Posts
Personally id also get her a broodlord ontop of the starter kit (Just as an added extra and to give her a chance if you have power weaponry to fight back.) This is what i brought when i first started playing and i found it EXTREMELY usefull to get mestarted into 'Nids.

·
The Love Muffin
1,830 Posts
The battle box is a great idea.

After you play a few small games, maybe get another box of Gaunts and a Hive Tyrant.

I would stay away from Brood Lords, they are great on paper, but for me, their movement just doesn't justify their stats. Its tough to get them into combat with no fleeting ability.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts