elites
5 lootas

heavy support
killa kan grotzooka

troops
20 shootas nob w big choppa, rokkit launcher
20 sluggas nob w pk, rokkit launcher
10 sluggas trukk nob w pk and bosspole, rokkit launcher

the big mek goes with the shootas and is there to fill a cheap hq slot. the shootas are for if i come i against an army of nids or something equaly annoying the sluggas in the trukk are for a fast attack role getting in there face. the killa kan and lootas are there to supply some fire if my boys start getting shot 9the3 killa kan will march ahead and the lootas will stay still). finally the 20 sluggas will stomp the unfortunate soul (when they get there).

i would really apreciate some advise on this as entering the school league regonal finals soon and hoping to do well.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
I'd double check your points. I'm not 100% sure, as I don't have the codex with me, but I believe you're 35 points over. Did you remember to include the cost of the trukk?

Personally, I'd much rather prefer a Warp 'ead rather than a big mek w/shoota, as that'll do a lot more for you. It would cost 35 more points, but it'd definitely be worth it. If not, then I'd give the big mek a bosspole and put him with the lootas, just to give them some extra wounds and a re-roll on saves.

Instead of single shot rokkits in the units of boyz, that only have a 1 in 3 chance of hitting, I'd exchange the killa kan's grotzooka for either a rokkit or kmb.

Every nob really needs a powerklaw. If you don't want to give the shoota boyz one, then you might as well drop the nob altogether.

Always put a full 12 boyz in each trukk, and give the trukk a ram. When playing, I suggest starting the trukk in reserve. With only one other vehicle in the list, it'll be difficult to keep alive.

Finally, you might want to consider dropping the lootas altogether, and instead adding either another killa kan, or a unit of big gunz kannons. It's up to you.

Good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry i forgot to mention that you can only have 1 elites choice and 1 fastattack/ heavy support choice OK enough of the clap trap i've had a reveiw of my army and come up with this

hq
big mek w bosspole and shoota-35

elites
lootas-75

heavy support/ fast attack
*killa kan grotzooka

troops
20 shoota boys 2 big shootas-130

20 slugga boys 2 big shootas, nob w pk-165

12 sluggs boys in a trukk nob w pk and bosspole- 147

*sorry had to keep the killa kan with grotzooka its the best point filler.
do you think i should take another squad of 20 boys instead of the boys in the trukk?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.