Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to keep it simple here, I don't have many models to start. Actually, all I have currently is an assault squad with a plasma pistol (one of the old boxes that doesn't have all the fancy weapon upgrades, okay?). Planning to buy 2 tactical squads and a commander box.

Captain with Storm Bolter and Power Sword

5 veterans, Sgt has terminator honors and Power Fist

5 Marines with plasma gun

5 Marines with Plasma gun

5 Devastators with 2 missile launchers

5 Assault Marines with Plasma Pistol

+either infiltration on the vets or tank hunters on the devs

600 pts

I really like the dreadnaught model and I'm considering switching it out for the vet squad, but I'm concerned about what kind of target it will be. if I use it, then instead of infiltrating the vets, I can put terminator honors on the captain.

Anywayz... your thoughts, please.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Looks nice Grotstompa. A few things to keep in mind though, mainly that Veterans always have one of three skills (infiltrate, furious charge, tank hunters) which is included in their price. I'd swap one of the plasma guns for a melta, this way the Captain can join that squad and not be restricted to only the storm bolter firing when they assault. I don't think that the Devastators need Tank Hunters for such a small game, but you do have 3 points left which allows you to take the veterans as a Command Squad (points neutral) and give the Captain whatever skill you decide you want the vets to have.

·
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, I didn't realize the skill upgrade was mandatory for veterans. I'd intended them to act as a command squad... I like the flexibility of the plasma guns in the tac squads, but maybe instead of infiltration or tank hunters I should give the vets a melta gun and the capt some meltabombs, and deploy them together? That would also take some pressure off the missile launchers having to do all the armor-busting (however much there may be in a 600pt contest, anyway).

I also like the idea of giving the sarge a combi-flamer, if one trooper already has a melta gun...what do you think?

Aren't flamers good in small games? It's an optional one-shot weapon anyway, and could come in quite useful against a horde unit or infantry in cover.

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
trust me... you wont need armour busting in 600pts.

here's how i would modify it...

HQ
Captain: power weapon, combat shield, bolt pistol, termie honours, jump pack = 121pts
NOTE: this guy's ideal for small games like these... 6 attacks charging is awsome plus an invuln save means he'll tear up most squads.

TROOPS
5 Marines: Heavy Bolter = 80pts
5 Marines: Heavy Bolter = 80pts

FAST
5 Assault marines w/ plasma pistol, termie honours & power fist sgt. = 145pts

HEAVY
6 Devestators: 3 Missile launchers = 150pts

576pts right there. Use the devvies for anti-MEQ fire support, the tactical squads for anti-infantry work, and the captain with assault marines to mop up in assault.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts