Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-Captain: B.Warhorse,F.plate,shield, holy relic & biting blade

-B.Wizard 1 dispell scroll (aka. scroll caddie)

-25 swordsmen with command
-10 halberdiers
-10 handgunners

-10 handgunners musician&standard

-10 archers (marksman)

-5 pistoliers(no upgrades)

G.Cannon

Helblaster volley gun

999 pts

defensive army with some flanking support from pistoliers.
i havent baught the minis yet, i wanted to post my list first and see what you think of it.
in a 2k list i was thinking of expanding with another unit of swordsmen with same detach and a knights unit, a mortar and perhaps another helblaster "evil grin"

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
-Captain: B.Warhorse,F.plate,shield, holy relic & biting blade
I think this guy is over protected. I would get him something (weapon) so that he can kill something. You don't have a single model in the army that can do anything in combat. ie. Sword of power, sword of always strike first, sword of might even.
-B.Wizard 1 dispell scroll (aka. scroll caddie I would drop this guy and get a warrior priest if you're dying for dispel dice. 1 scroll won't make or break the army. Give him a great weapon and me

-25 swordsmen with command
-10 halberdiers better with more swordsmen x9
-10 handgunners if you want archers, put them here in smaller numbers as a screen

-10 handgunners musician&standard drop the command. The only upgrade worth getting is the hochland x2 and it only works some of the time and always makes these guys more expensive

-10 archers (marksman) trade down to 6 guys and make them your detachment unless you're scouting with them (probably not worth it then)

-5 pistoliers(no upgrades)need a musician at least

G.Cannon

Helblaster volley gun I think I would prefer more troops over this. Too much of a chance of misfire/not hitting anything
have any questions? let me know and I'll explain in more detail or read some of the other army list posts and you'll get more ideas.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
first off , thanks for the input.
revised list: captain with sword of power and FP and b.horsie & shield

War priest with 2h & armour of meteroic iron

25 swordsmen with command(damage spunge :p)

--10 Halberdiers(going full swordsman will of course give me troops wich can take a beating over the halberdiers but i think they will excel in CC with some str 4 attacks to support my main damage spunge)

--10 handgunners (because the are the unit best suited to take a stand & shoot over crossbowmen and archers)

-10 crossbowmen (for that extra range not always guaranteèd by handgunners)

G.Cannon(pew pew obviously :D )

--5 pistoliers (i see the point of the musician, i like to keep my fast cav pts cost to a minimum because my opponents tend to target them early ingame)

then im left with ca 100 pts, im very unsure of where to put them.
flagellants is out of the question because i dont like them at all :S
maybe trade in the crossbowmen and spend the leftover points on a giant??

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
a 5 man unit of knights with musician always seems to come in handy and is only 123pts. The other weapon I was thinking of is the sword of sigismund ~ always strikes first will be more and more useful with all the HE and VC and slaaneshi stuff coming out and it's +1 to strength.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
5 knights would compel me to be more aggressive to attain victory.
i prefer to play defensive in chess aswell in warhammer and a helblaster is just a big risk for me as for my opponent on the receiving end.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
5 knights would compel me to be more aggressive to attain victory.
i prefer to play defensive in chess aswell in warhammer and a helblaster is just a big risk for me as for my opponent on the receiving end.
it doesn't require offense, but it does allow for a flanking/folding maneuver if needed (which it usually is) They also play very nicely with the pistoliers and act as a complement to each other. No matter how strong your shooting is (or you think it is) there are a ton of armies where you will just never kill enough. Almost every army will engage you in combat (unless they are super unlucky) and you don't have a lot of combat ready troops.

I've never seen the Hellblaster do anything more than a couple of wounds a turn. I've also never seen an educated player be afraid of it. You have to roll to hit first, unlike 6th edition, which if you don't misfire, almost always assures that you don't hit much of anything. Especially against skirmishers which are always used to screen or of which the majority of warmachine hunters are (they fly too, so you'll only get one shot off at them before they steal 115 pts from you)

It's your army, I'm just stating what I've seen, Hellblaster, usually whiffs, and then blows up. helstrom rocket launcher can decimate an entire unit in bigger games 2k+ if you learn to shoot it right. Knights are resilient and always handy to have around, protecting your flank.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You need to roll to hit aswell with the helblaster?! "looks it up in the empire book"
well that changes alot of things.well then it is a unit of knights after all then :)

characters on mounts cant be singled out in infantry units in the new rules right?

thanks for the input. its been educational.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I`ve revised my 1k list and it goes something like this;

Warrior Priest 2HW`s and Armour of meteroic iron

Wizard lvl 2,Luckstone and dispell scroll. lore of fire
( pray for 1 and 4 fully castable each with 2 PD not so bad even when it doesnt happen)

20 swordsmen with command
detachments:5 handgunners
10 Halberdiers

12 handgunners with marksman with hochland longrifle
detachments:5 archers
5 archers

G.cannon

5 pistoliers with musician
5 pistoliers with musician

999pts

What do you think?
what is your gaming experience with the hochland longrifle? is it worth it?
(I.E wizard/crew/champ sniping)
ive tried a few games with archer detachments to use as baits/harassment pieces and though it wasnt GREAT they have some potential i think.

I`m absolutely in love with the pistoliers, march and shoot,fast cavalry plenty of attacks in cc and cheap in small numbers.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
I don't play a lot of small games (almost never) but usually the hochland's work better if you have 2-3 of them. If you focus all of them on a mage, usually you're 4's to hit and 3-4's to wound, so it will take you a turn or two to kill him. They can also take out infantry champions like High Elf swordmaster champions or champions that will give you a problem if you charge and challenge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts