Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay iam in a campain starting february 3rd or 4th. my birth days the 13 of feburary and right now i have to have 750-1.7k points in my army list can any one help me out?I have

1 Brood lord,EC IA
3 Warriors,4xst,2xDs,EC
25 termagauts flesh borer(WO?)
8 Genestealers rt,ST
6 Genestealers RT(starterset)and EC
4 frag mines
2 toxin mines
2 acid mines
1 Raviner (dosent matter wep)
1 Zoanthrope WB,WF,SC

I can put AG for internal and i want my warriors to have leaping so any ideas?
also i might get 3 boxes of gaunts get more termas and get some hormas a box of warriors for synapes and ...A CARNAFEX!

·
Registered
92 Posts
despite my name i am indeed a nid player but anyway the list is slightly illegal the fact that you only have 1 ravener i think you need 3 in one squad (dont have the book in front of me) also it wouldn't help to take the brood lord and the warriors at the lowest cost they are a real big chunk of your points i suggest warriors instead of the brood lord i have only taken a brood lord in 1000 point games at least and with the extra points from the brood lord you should maybe go for hormagaunts and beef up your genestealer squad

hope it works

·
Registered
670 Posts
This is a bit off topic, but my birthday is also on the 13th of feb. Freaky. Except i'll have mine first cause i'm in Australia :) And you are older then me :(

OK, what armies are you going to play against? IF MEQ's, go more towrads stealers with rending. If hordish/lightly armoured fose then numbers will be important. If both types of armies, then you'll want a mix probably. Yeah, i a lowish poitns game, try and keep the units and characters type nids low in points cost. It's better to have more numbers then a few extra biomorphs which might come in handy.

·
The Love Muffin
1,830 Posts
I'll try to help, only cause you asked nicely :-D

This is a good start.

Brood Lord
-Drop the implant attack for toxin sacs, wounding marines on 2+ instead of 3+ makes a big difference

Warriors
-2x Deathspitters are good, add a venom cannon and the squad will be even better.
-Don't mix cc and shooty warriors in the same brood
-Give them enhanced sences and toxin sacs

Termagaunts
-Break them into 2x squads, they will be a lot more useful

Genestealers
-RT??
-All genestealers need extended carapace
-Make the squad of 6 the brood lord's retinue

Ravener
-These guys work well in squads of 3, yes you can only take 1, but it won't do much

Mines
-Drop all of these

Zoanthrope
-Very nice

Ok, your list, with a few tweaks, could look like this...

Brood Lord
-Extended Carapace
-Toxin Sacs
6x Genestealers Retinue
-Extended Carapace
210pts

3x Warriors
-Enhanced Senses
-Extended Carapace
-Toxin Sacs
-2x Deatherspitters
-Venom Cannon
-3x Scything Talons
125pts

12x Termagaunts
-Fleshborers
72pts

12x Termagaunts
-Fleshborers
72pts

10x Genestealers
-Extended Carapace
200pts

Zoanthrope
-Synapse Creature
-Warp Blast
65pts

Thats 744 points. Its a little more solid than your original list with very few changes. Some hormagaunts would help a lot too, maybe another warriors box and another zoanthrope.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts