- Razorback
- Twin-Linked Assault Cannon

Tactical Squad x5 - 160
- Plasma Gun
- Razorback
- Twin-Linked Assault Cannon

Ironclad Dreadnought - 135

Total - 750

This is my first army list for 40k. Please let me know what you think and give me any advice that you have. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
That Ironclad isn't going to really be doing much for most of the game unfortunately. Most of it's weapons aren't powerful enough or ranged enough to matter, and it's running, so it will be at least mid-game when you finally get into combat. I would personally do the following:

A: drop one squad of Tac Marines to give the Ironclad a Drop Pod and field some Scouts with Sniper Rifles and a Missile Launcher. This gives you a good unit to Infiltrate or to hang back on an objective, and still affect the game through shooting. The Drop Pod also allows you to deliver the Ironclad right off the bat, so he's absorbing the fire that would target your Razorbacks and he's charging second turn, possibly also melta-ing an enemy vehicle.

B: drop one squad of Tac Marines and turn the Ironclad into a Venerable Dreadnought with ranged weapons (ie missile launcher/twin-linked lascannon or plasma cannon/autocannon are my favourites) and get a second Dreadnought with a similar loadout. Keep the Master of the Forge back with the Dreads (possibly with a conversion beamer if you have the points) so that he can keep fixing them, and then use the Dreads to pound the enemy position while the Razorbacks advance.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
First off, welcome to the site!!!

As Marius said, the Iron Clad isn't going to do much for you without a Drop pod. Swap him over to a regular dread with a Lascannon or some such for a bit of long ranged punch. I'd also consider dropping one of the razorback squads for a Predator/Vindicator. this will give you some heavy armour and distract the enemy Anti-Tank from targeting your Razors.

Lastly, the Iron Stone is awesome but I'd probably save it for a larger game.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts