Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get a friend interested in the hobby so I have put together two small 750 pt lists, one chaos and one normal marines, to do a demo game with him. The point of the game is to try to get across the basics (basic troops, walkers, tanks) and show him some of the cooler things about the two armies.

Troops:
10x CSM, 2x melta, IoCG, champ w/ fist + rhino
255 pts

8x Zerkers, champ w/ PW + Melta bombs + Rhino
238 pts

6x noise marines w/ sonic blasters
150 pts

Elites:
Dread w/ HB + HF

Total:
753 pts

I decided to let the dread slide past the usual combat patrol rulse (33 total armor). Any thoughts on the list? Is there something I should take off for his first game? Something I should add?

Thanks!

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
A good mix of Chaos models. Although, instead of the dread, you might opt for the Defiler, since it's become one of our bread-n-butter units. How about this:

Troops: 587

10x CSM, 2x melta, IoCG, champ w/ fist + rhino
255 pts

7x Zerkers, champ w/ PW + Melta bombs + Rhino
217 pts

5x noise marines w/ sonic blasters
125 pts

Heavy: 150

Defiler- 150
*2x additional close combat weapons

Total:
747 pts

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A good suggestion but I figured for now it would be best to avoid pie plates of doom. If I am playing the chaos end and cream his entire tac squad with a pie plate it might turn him off of the game. I will likely post the loyalist list soon and link to it from here.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Makes sense. Defilers are pretty difficult to manage in 750 points lists.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.