PCS
2x Infantry Squads

Veteran Squad
3xmeltas

Heavy Support-450
3x Leman Russ Battle Tanks
w/HB

Total 750
The way I see it, is that if I clear the table I don't have to capture objectives.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Now that my man is just a wee bit wrong. 3 Russ in 750pts??? It does look fun though.

HQ:
What is this guy actually adding to the army? In these points i'd grab a CCS. You can grab a CCS and a Lascannon for 70pts which will be far more useful to you than a Commi Lord with nothing.

TROOPS:
See if you can squeaze some guns onto these boys. 25 men with lasguns wont do anything.

Vets. On foot these guys are pretty useless. Grab them some different guns for long range plinking.

HEAVY:
as i said pretyy wrong for 750pts.

How About this?
CCS - Autocannon - 60pts

VETS - Autocannon - 80pts

PCS - Autocannon
INF - Autocannon
INF - Autocannon

3x Leman Russ.

The only thing i can think of that you'll have trouble with is stuff with a 2+ save but you should be able to knock those out by just blasting them with 40 Guardsmen.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I think the old maxim of just because you can doesn't mean you should applies here... I don't often throw around the cheesy/beardy terminology but I'd say you would have trouble getting a game where I play.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
hmmm. if some spams alot of long rangeed anti-tank or deepstrikes an army. your russes won't last long at all. Also your commads willb e picked off easily because they will have no trnasports. I don't think this list is very cheesy at all, very fluffy, very fun. but others may think different. Not a list that i would play reguarly if i don't want to be hated, because most players can't deal with that many AV14 tanks in 750 points.
thanks
antique_nova

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well making people happy was not my intention with this list and the inability to deal with the AV14 was the backbone of the list, while the other troops only exist to stop the advancing army long enough to crush them with the might of my tanks. Though I might make a more friendly list with chimeras. I like the idea of a lot of Armor though

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
well this list isn't that good at dealing with AV14. i mean S8 weapons don't work that well against them. chimeras with melta vets work much much better.
thanks
antique_nova

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.