Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'm gonna participate in a 750 pts tournament in a few days.

The list I'm thinking of is this:

Master on Cold one.
Full mundane knight kit
Pendant.

5 Dark Riders
RXB
Musician

5 Dark Riders
RXB
Musician

5 Harpies

5 Cold One Knights

Hydra

748 pts

I don't want to bring a list that'll be called cheesy or OTT.

How would you feel if you were going up against this?
I'm thinking of dropping the Harpies to beef up my CoKs, but they are so good for march blocking, hunting warmachines and so on.
Is it worth it?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Seems a bit mean at 750, especially since some armies can barely field their min at that point level. That being said, if you like playing with those models, then why wouldn't you? Only the Hydra is over powered for its cost. Besides, there a couple of other armies that can bring even worse at 750.

Don't beef up CoKs, I personally run them min sized and naked even when I have the points. Upgrades just make an efficient knight unit no longer efficient. They are meant for flanking, which DR and harpies do a good job setting up. They don't need upgrades to accomplish their goals. Add in the fact that the unit is stupid, means that the more points you spend on them, the worse a bad roll becomes. At low points, a bad roll hurts even more since you have no margin of error. Also giving up a banner really hurts at sub 1k games, it accounts for a very high percentage of possible VPs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.