Assault Squad (5): bolt pistol x3, close combat weapon
x5, plasma pistol x2
120 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
Vindicator: extra armour, pintle mounted storm bolter,
storm bolter, demolisher cannon
140 pts

748 pts

the rhino and the assault marines were going to charge ahead while the tactical squads set up in good firing positions. the vindicator is supposed to wreak havoc upond large squads. roughly the plan. tips and help greatly appreciated!
thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
In general, nice list, its a great, well balanced list. A couple points:

Watch out for your plasma pistols. Though having those 2 shots in your assault squad are nice, you are taking a quite large risk of taking out one of your own guys with it. I would recommend changing them into bolt pistols, and taking another marine.

I also think you might be putting a bit to much into your HQ for some situations. I would recommend dropping the command squad and taking either some more scouts and upgrading your tactical squads with some more guys or just taking another tactical squad, 10 men is a relatively weak troops setup, especially for the upcoming 5th edition, where troops will be the only units to take objectives, meaning that you might have a bit of trouble with 2/3 of the game types (2/3 are objective based). An infiltrating scout squad will be able to perform a move called a 'flank attack' in 5th ed., where they will be able to enter from the side of the board, and could easily secure a objective that way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i dropped the comand squad who would my HQ fight with? i've tried some games like that and he's just a waste of points, he spends all the time moving up the board and doesnt do anything except confer his better leadership

·
Registered
245 Posts
First of all, drop the command squad. Instead, replace the second squad's plasma cannon with a melta gun, and upgrade the sarge with a power fist. Now, give your master a storm shield, for better survivability against other power weapons. Remove the assault marines' plasma pistols and give the sarge a power fist. remove all other stuff off the vindicator except the extra armour. With the points left over, put more meat into the tactical squad in the rhino. Hope it helps and good luck!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just a note of caution on the scouts: a very reliable source told me that the scouts will be elites in the next SM codex. That means that they can't capture an objective. Also, I like the vindicator, but I suggest waiting for a 1000 point list for that tank because you basically have only ten men with which to take the objective(s)*.

*This is because now ONLY TROOPS CHOICES can capture objectives:freaked-out::freaked-out::freaked-out:*

Cheers!:dance:

·
I'm back >.>
2,233 Posts
Drop the Command Squad as per other posts and also drop the Master, these aren't worth the points. Upgrade your Assault Squad to ten man and run a Chaplain with BP, JP and Fgs insetad of the Master. This solution should leave you with a few points left over. So if you can try and fit in more Scouts.

·
412 Posts
Plasma cannons should be used more often in 5th edition. Even though it scatters, all partials count as hits so if you roll a hit you can get 3 to 4 7 strength ap2 hits :sinister:.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts