Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I've been feeling the need recently...the need for speed. So I've decided to start a small force of Speed Freaks, however, in my experience ork bikers tend to die before they reach the enemy. So everything's in a trukk/wagon/buggy. Also I generally go up against leman russes and land raiders @ 750pts, unless its Eldar or bugs so I've tried to get a lot of anti-tank/swarm weapons.

Warboss
Power Claw
Rokkit Launcha
'Eavy Armour
Battle Wagon w/Big shootas
Kannon
Grot Riggers
=238pts
He's mainly a distraction for the wave of vehicles although he has anti tank weapons.

9 Tankbustas
3 Rokkit Launchas
Nob
Rokkit Launcha
Wartrukk
Rokkit Launcha
Grot Riggers
=176pts

5 Burna Boyz
4 Burnas
Mekboy
Kustom Force Field
Slugga
Wartrukk
Rokkit Launcha
Grot Riggers
=136pts
These are the main(read only) infantry in the army.

Warbuggy
Twin Linked Rokkit Launchas
Grot Riggers
=42pts

2 Warbuggies
Scorchas
Grot Riggers
=80pts
A little bit of mobile firepower.

Fighta Bommerz Raid
=30pts
According to other lists, no Kult should be without 'em

Guntrukk
Lobba
Grot Riggers
=47pts

749pts

· Registered
1,994 Posts
Looks identical to a list i use. From experience the scorcha buggies are best used in pairs, however they typically don't make their points back. They are nice for dropping landspeeders actually since their templates auto hit, and then rolling 2 dice needing a 5 to glance, 6 to pen. However, in most games they will be blown up fairly regularly. Warbuggies are excellent with TL rokkits if used in an individual slot since their speed and weapon is ideal for rear/side armor shoots.

I'm not sold on Gun trukks yet, even though i personally love them, and have some fun one's converted. i've notice the lobba trukk just doesn't make any points back. you'll occassionally kill a figure, but most times your playing marines so their taking normal saves. its nice you don't ahve to roll to kit, but since the trukks are always moving your still rolling 2D6 picking the highest for scatter anyway. i do think the lobba is the wisest choice since the zzap trukk i use is blown up frequently due to it not being a fast vehicle and its armor of 10

You could make the Warboss a Big Mek instead, and save some points. that way you could actually include a mekboy with a rokkit launcha for another shot. if the battlewagon is just a distraction anyway, might as well add all the shoots you can. on a battlewagon with rokkits in tow i'd use a zzap gun as its the same range, and the kannon will rarely hit compared to the auto hit of a zzap gun.

the shooty speedfreaks are a blast to play from my experience, however they are even harder to win with then normal speed freaks and you really have to focus and kill a unit at a time. the downside is you have 3 vehicles and if their all blown up then everyone runs off the battlefield, however at 750 pts its a risk you have to take.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.