Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my first try at the new ork book for 750 pts fr the upcomeing conflict tornament

HQ
warboss: power claw, twin-linked shoota, 'eavy armour, attack squig, bosspole, cybork body. 125pts

big mek: shok attack gun, cybork bdy, 'eavy armour, bosspole. 95pts

Troops
3 Meganobz: Kombi shoota-skorcha, Kombi Shoota-rokkit launcha. 130 pts

15 'ard boys: with Nob with Big Choppa and bosspole. 170pts

deff dread: extra dreadnought close combat weapon, kustom mega-blasta. 105

heavy support:

5 Flash Gits: 125 pts

total: 750pts

·
227 Posts
I think you're a little light on the boyz in this list, even if it's just a 750 pt tourney. Consider the following:

1) Drop the 'Ard Boyz for regular Boyz. You'll save a lot of points, and most heavy weapons will penetrate the 'Ard Boyz' armor anyway. Yes, you'll take more casualties from bolters, etc., but more Boyz is worth the sacrifice in armor. Plus, if you drop the SAG from the Big Mek and give him a KFF you'll increase your Orks' survival ability as they foot slog it up the board.

2) Mega Nobz aren't really good unless you buy a Trukk for them, because of that SaP rule. Sure, they have a 2+ save, but with no invulnerable save they'll die quick to anti-armor stuff, especially with only 3 in the mob. I would suggest dropping this unit all together in favor of more Boyz.

3) Flash Gitz are expensive and very specialized. Plus, you really need the More Dakka upgrade for them to deal significant damage with shooting. I'd recommend dropping Flash Gitz in favor of Lootas for infantry fire-support. Lootas are cheaper and give you a large number of high strength shots, which is versatile enough to deal with infantry or even most vehicles.

4) A Deff Dread is a solid choice, but you should expect it to die early in the game, since it's your only vehicle and it doesn't have the speed to hide very well. Consider a unit of Killa Kans instead: they have higher numbers and higher BS, and a solid unit can support combat pretty well despite their low WS.

Consider this army list as an alternative, just to give you an idea of a more numerous Ork army for the same points value.

Big Mek w/ Burna, KFF, attack squig, 'eavy armor
10 Lootas
20 Slugga Boyz w/ PK Nob
20 Slugga Boyz w/ PK Nob
3 Killa Kans w/ KMBs

This list has 51 Orks and 3 vehicles, while your list has just 25 Orks and 1 vehicle. You could fiddle around with the points and add some bosspoles if you like, but you should be ok with units of 20 Boyz. The Lootas and Kans fill the fire support role, and though I didn't have the Warboss I think the Burna Big Mek can do a decent job as long as he advances with the Slugga boyz.

This may not be the kind of list you're going for, but I think it's worth considering. Good luck with the tournament!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the tips, yes it isn't really what i was going for, but i shall certainly take some elements away with me from what you said. i'll drop the flash gitz and the deff dread for the killa kans and maybe some looters

i love the shock attack gun... i just love it. i will think a tiny bit about getting the kff instead...

i do like my power house warboss aswell, i'd rather drop the megaboyz then the warboss. there about the same points.

your probably right with the more boys thing, i'll try to work around that.

·
227 Posts
I understand your thoughts on the SAG rather than the KFF. You need a lot of boyz for the KFF to be worth the points cost, and the SAG is great fun and potentially devastating. I also appreciate your need for a powerhouse Warboss.

Still, I'd suggest using one HQ choice or the other in a 750 pt game, not both. The reason is that you need the extra points for more bodies; otherwise you'll get shot up or outnumbered in close combat, and you don't want that to happen. When Orks are being outnumbered by Space Marines you know there's a problem...

I'd still seriously consider dropping an HQ choice in favor of more boyz - you could get 20 for the price of your Warboss, for example. If you're dead set on using both choices then just replacing the Dread w/ some Kans and the Flash Gitz and Meganobz with Lootas would be good ideas. Although, between the Shokk Attack Gun and the Killa Kanz you might not need Lootas for fire support, allowing you to purchase some more close combat troops like Slugga Boyz or Stormboyz.

Basically, I don't think that 25 bodies is enough for Orks in a 750 pt game, especially considering you don't have any method to transport them around the battlefield quickly. It's going to be tough to get that Warboss into combat where you want him if he doesn't have a bike or a trukk to ride in, and a single mob of 15 Sluggas will be easy pickings for heavy weapons, and even most basic infantry fire.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, so here is a potential new list

HQ
warboss: power claw, twin-linked shoota, 'eavy armour, attack squig, bosspole, cybork body.
125pts

Elites
10 lootas: 150 pts

Troops
3 Meganobz: Kombi shoota-skorcha, Kombi Shoota-rokkit launcha. 130 pts
Transport: Trukk: grot riggers and wreckin' ball. 50pts

20 slugga boys: with Nob with Big Choppa and bosspole. 130pts

heavy support:

3 killa kans: kustom mega blasta's. 165pts

total: 750pts

now thats 34 bodies and 4 vehicles. to get into shooting detail, its 14 weapons with strength 7 or higher. (including the kombi rokkit). the boys should make it to combat relativly unscathed due to the amount of fire other things will be getting. the killa kans will deal a good amount of damage either in combat or shooting and the meganobs will probably make it to kombat and deal some massive damage given their new speed.

what do you think?

·
227 Posts
The new list looks a lot more competitive in my opinion. You've fixed some key problems while still maintaining the feel of your original list. The only option I'd suggest is to cut some points to give your Slugga nob a power klaw (maybe drop the KMBs on the Kanz in favor of rokkits...). Though with your Meganobz this change might not be necessary.

Let us know how the tournament goes!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
will do, its not for a couple of months yet, but i will be playtesting against chaos thzench and tau, so i'll let you know how that goes

thanks for th help

·
227 Posts
Can't wait to hear about your first playtesting results! Just remember to split your Killa Kanz into 3 units of 1 instead of 1 unit of 3, since this makes them more difficult to take out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts