Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, an upcoming 750pt tournament is about to begin in my at my local games club, using victory point rules, but no table quarters. Just wondering if anyone could help me with a competitive space marine list?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, with rep considered, ty.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
In low point games like your 750pt tournament a land speeder army can be extremely effective. Your opponent will not have much i the way of anti tank and so the multiple low armoured hulls can really save you from an all your eggs in one basket approach. They are also extremely versatile a major plus as you won't be able to build a decent specialized army at the points limit so it is always good to have multi tasking units. Another bonus here is that they are fast veichles, this really comes into its own against small forces as they will find it hard to catch and trap your sdpeeders, and as you have abolished the spearhead deployment half of your games will be Dawn of War so it really hhelps them get into the action. Anywys to compliment the speeders I would try and compliment it with a cheap HQ probrably a Librarian and some cheap Scouts as the Speeders can take up quite a few points. One last peice of advice, don't put your Speeders in compromising positions if at all possible, they are there to do the real damage and distract your opponent while the scouts do all of the real objective claiming, the longer your Speeders survive, the longer your Scouts survive, and the longer your Scouts survive the better your chances of winning the game. Anyways best of luck, and I look forward to hearing about how you did.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Spacemarines are very effective at low point games because you have a wide range of units to chose from while most other enemies have really expensive stuff and really cheap stuff. I would run with a land raider with some sort of melee squad inside its hard for oppenets to kill landraiders. run some basic tropps in rhinos if you like rhinos. dont take expensive HQ at this little points unless you think you can make your HQ do a tone of work in this game.I wold run scouts but thats just how i like to roll because of 3+ inv in cover is pretty good in low point game and infiltration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts