Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so with 8th ED upon us and with the new Ally rules about I thought I'd add a small contingent to my Warriors of Chaos army list. Purely to act as a little fluff for my hell cannon. So, yeah, there'll be a hell cannon hanging around with these boys and 2000pts of Chaos Warriors Rampaging around in front of them.
I'm trying to do this army fairly on the cheap. I can pretty much do this whole army just by buying 2 boxes of Dwarf Warriors.

Kaglak the Spiteful -181pts
Slave Master, Armour of Gazrakh, Great Weapon, Pond Stone
Kaglaks Household -208pts
17 Warriors, Std, Hvy Armour, Shield, Hand Weapon, Bladed Standard

Zarglum the Black -145pts
Sorcerer, Level 2, Power Stone, Mask of Terror
Zarglums Guard -190pts
15 Warriors Blunderbuss Std

The Slaves!!!! -20pts!!
10 Hobgoblins

New Magic Items
Pond Stone - Allows you to re-roll Armour saves
Bladed Standard - Armour Piercing.
Mask of Terror - Causes Terror. Sure you figured that one out.

Ok, I'm not sure about the Slaves. Purely because I don't think i can be bothered converting a unit that costs 20pts. I might invest this on a Magic Banner or something for the blunderbus unit. You think the Bladed Standard would be better on the Blunderbus unit? -3 SV is quite nasty.

·
Master of secret stuff
2,543 Posts

Kaglak the Spiteful -181pts
Slave Master, Armour of Gazrakh, Great Weapon, Pond Stone
Kaglaks Household -208pts

WHy not give him Gauntlets of bak the cruel, +1 strength 7

17 Warriors, Std, Hvy Armour, Shield, Hand Weapon, Bladed Standard
Great weapons!! i think the banner is wasted on them with only strength 3

Zarglum the Black -145pts
Sorcerer, Level 2, Power Stone, Mask of Terror
Personally i like Challice of darkness, you dont have to use it but it will come in very handy in some turns

Zarglums Guard -190pts
15 Warriors Blunderbuss Std
Fine

The Slaves!!!! -20pts!!
10 Hobgoblins
Shame you cant get so,e sneaky gits :)

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WHy not give him Gauntlets of bak the cruel, +1 strength 7
I'd go over the 25% limit if did. I could loose the Pond stone though. When I was writing the first draft I did have him with the Guantlets and 2 hand weapons. 5 attacks str5 with -3 SV. hmmm.

Great weapons!! i think the banner is wasted on them with only strength 3
Yeah I suppose you're right. Shields are just easier to do and I've got just a silly amount of Marauder shields lurking around.......and I mean silly. Those 20 shields I took out for you didn't even put I dent in my shield collection!

Personally i like Challice of darkness, you dont have to use it but it will come in very handy in some turns
Truth be told I was at a total loss as what to give him. I'm tempted to just not give him anything. The Chalice doesn't seem that great, not for the points anyway. None of the new Items seem to leap out at me other than the obsidian Amulett and thats only because Chaos Dwarves have a fetish for Obsidian.

·
Master of secret stuff
2,543 Posts
Well i would say then keep your hero as he is, hes ok and i have seen a very nice avatars of war chaos dwarf lord with great weapon, very very nice actually, go buy and paint it :D

LOL on the shields, i think someone has far to much warhammer, just convert the great weapons, the unit will look very cool :)

Chalice coudl actually be very good, say you roll pretty damn hi for power and dispel dice, lets say you rolled a 5 and 4, 9 powerdice, 5 dispel dice, now thats just say you use the chalice and roll a 3 so thats 6 powerdice and 2 dispel dice, makes a rather large shift.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aye i've had a look at him. He's quite cool although I might just make my own!! Y'know, because I can. I've seen some conversions on the t'interweb and they all look very cool. I really like the look of them without the silly hats. Much like the Hell cannon crewmen. The beards shouldn,t be hard to sculpt, nearther should the Death Masks.

As for that stupid comment on the amount of warhammer I have. What kind of hobbiest are you? There is no such thing as too much Warhammer!

Chalice sounds cool. might try it out but it seems like it's one of those Items that i might use once, maybe twice a game and for 35pts thats alot for a one or two use Item. I might move the Ruby ring of Destruction and a scroll onto this guy (off my Chaos Sorcerer) and give the Sorcerer the Black Tongue/Infernal Puppet.

What do you think?

PS: Where are all the Chaos Dwarf players?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts