Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm pretty new to 40k and just wanted to see what people thought of my 750pt Eldar Army.
I wanted something that could deal plenty of ranged damage while being able to counter-attack swiftly.
Thanks for any advice

Farseer........................................... .............................130/120 Points
With Spirit Stones, Doom, Fortune/Mind War

10 Howling Banshees.......................................... ..............182 Points
With Exarch w/ Executioner or Mirror Blades

10 Dire Avengers.......................................... ..................162 Points
With Exarch w/ Shimmer Sheild + Power Weapon and Bladestorm

15 Guardians......................................... .........................150 Points
With Heavy weapons platform w/ Bright Lance

Wraithlord........................................ ..............................130 Points
With Twin-linked Scatter Lasers

------
Total............................................. .................................755 Points

I was thinking about lowering the units in each squad and adding some striking scorpions, but I was thinking that this would probably weaken my force overall.
Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Well firstly welcome to LO and like the avatar:).

Farseer: I would use the Mind war/ Doom combo. I just love the Mind War power. But it really depends onyour preference. But I woudn't use the Fortune, the army is a bit fexible and could get shot down easily with a low AP weapon.

Howling Banshees: Fine, I'd use the Executioner.

Dire Avengers: Good, shimmer sheild + power weapon? no-no. Use the 2x catapults, works better, trust me.

Guardians: That's good, I have a bad feeling about using Bright Lances with guardians. I would use something like a scatter laser or starcannon.

Wraithlord: Very good, but twin linked weapons?? no. I would give him a Bright Lance and a Eldar Missle Launcher, then give him 2x flamers

Striking Scorpions are good, but they are not worth taking apart your units for. If you want you can get rid of the Howling Banshees for them, but it really depends on your preference.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I dont use the farseer myself so no opinions there,
Banshees are good, I prefer mirror swords, depends who you are up against.
deffinatly use the 2x catapults.
guardians.. also not sure about the weapon choice i like starcannon
wraithlord is good unless you are me ( im good at rolling 1s)-dont t-link scatter laser, definatly want a missile launcher maybe with a starcannon or bright lance.

I find in 750pt squads of 5 still tend to have prety good durability so scorpions are still a good option

1 - 3 of 3 Posts