Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people, I've just gotten started with the hobby again after being absent since the advent of the 3rd edition rules. Back in the days I fielded a pretty messed up band of Blood Angels, but this time around I will dedicate myself to a not yet named traitorous Guard-regiment inspired by the Blood Pact (I like the thought that an army can still be disciplined after turning renegade).

Since I currently own nothing more than a Chimera, a hw-team and a blister with Kasrkin Special Weapons I have pretty good options in building my army. But everything needs to start somewhere and I have to admit to being very taken by the Grenadiers-doctrine (I can mech my army without having to buy 4+ chimeras to begin with). After some lurking here on LO I formulated a first list, based on Diggums Hammer's Tourney Grenadiers (many thanks for that help!)

--------------------------------------
Doctorines: Grenadiers, Drop Troops [?]
HQ:

Deepstriking Junior Officer. 4 guardsmen w plasmas, frag, and krak grenades

Sentinel Support squad. 2st w autocannons
183pts

Troops:

1st Squad: Vet. Sergeant w. Power Weapon. 9 stormtroopers w. 2 plasma guns, Chimera transport w, multilaser + HHB, smoke launchers, pintle heavy stubber

2nd Squad: Vet. Sergeant w Power Weapon, 9 stormtroopers w 2 melta guns, Chimera transport w, multilaser + HHB, smoke launchers, pintle heavy stubber
462pts

Heavy Support:

Basilisk Indirect fire
125pts

Total: 750pts2

------------------
My biggest issue right now is the HQ. Should it be a deepstriking kamikaze-unit with this config? If so, how do I fix the models needed for the unit? What are my alternatives for the HQ if it doesn't float?

As for the 2 plasmas, 2 meltas-troops it is more a matter of model pragmatics than a tactical consideration. I guess I could explain that with having a unit that can have a more offensive role than the plasma-squad.

When it comes to expanding my army I'm thinking of going the easy route and buying the battleforce box, and if a friend of my decides to make a forge world-order I probably want to buy some alternative chimera turrets to spice things up (I have in particular one vision of a CQB-oriented unit with turret flamer and special weapon flamers) and maybe having a go at getting me some Rough Riders.

Anyway, that's it for now. As a reborn newbie I am grateful for any help I can get! :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
this list looks solid too me. Although by deepstriking your HQ you may cut them off from support. but i dont think that will be a issue since everything else is mounted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, the DS-HQ has proven to be somewhat of an headache to me since it doesn't seem to fit with the theme of mounted infantry squads supported by tanks and other nasties. I think I will keep them like this for this point-level but later on just mount them as pretty much everything else and replace them with a squad of veterans that can distract and/or threaten my opponent until the vehicles are in place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts