·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
750pts of reconaissance. 4 x 4 table.

My SoB List
Canoness: Cloak of st. aspira, jump pack, eviscerator, litanies of faith
12 Battle sisters: Vet w/ power weapon, 2 flamers
13 Battle sisters: Vet w/ power weapon, flamer, meltagun.
6 Seraphim: Veteran, 2 with inferno pistols
Immolator: TL Multi melta, extra armor, smoke

His List
Commander wih lightning claws
6 Man Tactical Squad: Missile launcher, plasma gun
Land Speeder tornado: Heavy bolter, assault cannon
Predator Destructor with heavy bolters
Venerable Dread with assault cannon

DEPLOYMENT
My Immolator set up on the right flank, behind a wrecked tank. Seraphim and canoness set up on left flank, both squads took up position in the middle.

His Predator and Dreadnought were in the middle, on a hill. He had two squads on my right flank, (across from immolator) another squad and the commander were on the left flank, with the land speeder hiding in the back

I got first Turn.

The canoness knowing that her force stood no chance and range ordered the rush forward. All sisters of battle units imediatly moved forward, the immolator popping smoke in self preservation.

The Speeder then raced up on my left flank and combined with the dreadnought, opened fire on the serpahim squad, killing two. All other space marine units were ordered to direct all their fire against one of the squads of battle sister squads, and the combined fire kills all but 4 of the squad that had 2 flamers.

Seizing their opportunity, the canoness ordered the seraphim to open fire on the speeder, their inferno pistols result in blowing off both guns. The immolator takes a shot at the predator, but at such great range the melta shot bounces off the armoured hide of the tank. The intact sisters squad manouvres left, and takes a pot shot with the melta at the dreadnought, but the shot fails to penetrate. As the seraphim attack the speeder, the canoness broke off with them to duel the enemy commander. The lightning claws inflict 3 wounds on the canoness, but with the spirit of a martryr her armour holds strong. Then with the strength of the hand of the emperor, the canoness cuts the commander apart with a single blow. her consolidation brings her into cc with the nearby tactical squad.

After watching the multi melta shot nearly hit them, the predator backed up and let loose a pair of autocannon shots at the immolator, blowing it apart. The dreadnought, seeing his tactical squad engaged in cc, moves in to help out, assaulting the canoness. But her spirit remained strong and she passed all saves, but she failed to destroy the behemoth of a walker. With its weapons gone, the tornado dashes at full speed forward up the left flank, flying right pass the battle sister squad. The two tac squads once again concentrate fire on the almost destroyed battle sister squad, and their fire causes the sisters to panic and run off the battlefield.

The seraphim, seeing the predator distracted while shooting thir immolator, fly beside the tank and the inferno pistols rip through the tank. The battle sister squad manouvres left/forward, letting loose a hail of bolter fire that shoots down the tornado as it flies by. In assault, nothing dies.

Knowing that the battle sister squad is too far away to effectively shoot it, both tac squads advance torwards the SoB deployment area. FInally, after countless swings the canoness' eviscerator slices a hole in a critical area of the dread, and it drops to the ground and explodes. The marines continue to try to bash her with their bolters, but her armour is too strong.

The seraphim moved on to their next target; the 2 intact tactical squads. inferno fire kills 1 and they assault which results in 1 seraphim dying. the battle sister squad on the left flank move forwards, now safe from enemy fire.

The tactical squad not in close combat continues forward, the squad in close combat succeeds in killing the remaining 3 seraphim. The eviscerator of the canoness cuts down 2 tactical marines.

The battle sister squad, worrying that their beloved canoness might be overwhelmed in cc charge the enemy, but 2 marines remain at the end of the melee.

Both tactical squads advanced forwards, but now one was lagging behind because of the seraphim.
The remnanats of the tac squad are killed by the massed battle sisters.

The canoness and the survivng squad advance to the back of the space marine encampment.

The two space marine sqauds head for the sisters area, but only one makes it as the other got too far behind from the assaulting seraphim.

GAME OVER
Sisters of battle: 2 scored units
Space marines: 1 scoring unit

VICTORY TO THE SISTERS OF BATTLE

Recap: Well i didnt see this coming, the space marines literally lost by about 2 inches.Ive never used seraphim with infernos be4, and they proved well this game. The eviscerator really now has eaned my respect, as the canoness killed a commander, tac squad, and dreadnought while only taking 1 wound! I thought i was going to lose early on as i watched almost 1 full squad be wiped out on the first turn. The immolator was also a bad choice, i was hoping the multi melta would be usefull against all the armour encountered. The seraphim also played a critical role this game, their assault keeping one squad tied up long enough for them to not be able to score. This really helped disrupt my opponents battle plan which was too wait till the last second to move torwards the objective while in the meantime ripping my force up at range. Whats scary, is he nearly accomplished it!

P.S. Please ciritc the batrep as im trying to learn how to write them sorta good. If you like it, the rep button's over to your left! ;)

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Gen mate, re the bat rep, it started really well, but as soon as 1st turn started it became a bit of a morrass, try clearly splitting out the turns.

re your tactics, yeah immolators look good but go down too easy, that rhino front armour, that is what exorcists are for.
Given the use of an exorcist you could have gone flamer with the serephim shich would have given you considerably more kills against the squad that wiped them out, I suspect you still would haev lost but would have brought it to below half strength

Cannoness was sweet, but I do prefer blessed weapon, the loss of 1 point of str is more than made up for by the I cahnge and the ability to use faith to let her hit first

Your cannoness seemed to be burning all your faith, more DG from the troops please

And finally, dont let plague see you choosing meltas over flamers or he will give you too much grief

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
heh heh damn right sticking meltaguns on sisters arrrgghh HERETIC NON-BELEIVER YOU SHALL BE BURNED BY THE VERY FLAMERS YOU SCORNED

not a bad bat rep but to your list the immolater needs it's flamers back so do seraphim and second sister squad and the sister squads need to upgrade one flamer to heavy flamer also i'm with cheraldine leave eviserators to =][= the cannonesses are much better with blessed weapon.

maybe drop the immolater altogether and get urself some proper anti-tank in the form of the exorcists (seriously it has to be one of the best tanks)

a last note ya have to learn to use faith better there was alot of missed chances where dg would have bin good, also some more clearly defined turns would be good ya seem to be hovering between reporting and storytelling so i suggest ya commit yerself to one i think that is about it.

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
See! I warned you! But I do like this:
Plague_00 said:
maybe drop the immolater altogether and get urself some proper anti-tank in the form of the exorcists (seriously it has to be one of the best tanks)
He advocates getting rid of flamers for missile launchers, I am gonna save this

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, this was definetly a different game than im used to. Yes i have exorcists.. i have 2 of them. I thought in such small games the immolator might be fine for any anti-armor... i was wrong :)

And though the seraphims' infernos worked well this will be one of the only times i'll equip them with them. i usually use hand flamers and ive seen this work a lot better.

The eviscerator armed canoness was also a first that ive used, and not a bad use either

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
He advocates getting rid of flamers for missile launchers, I am gonna save this

technicallly i havn't cus he equipped hiswith the multi-melta and even if he didn't i probably still would go this way cus it would free the other squads so they cant take em

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Plague_00 said:
technicallly i havn't cus he equipped hiswith the multi-melta and even if he didn't i probably still would go this way cus it would free the other squads so they cant take em
[Sticks fingers in ears] "Lalalalalalallalalalalala" not listening

Plague_00 said:
maybe drop the immolater altogether and get urself some proper anti-tank in the form of the exorcists

·
Registered
943 Posts
awesome report against a good looking marine list. That actually happened to me, I lost to tau by an inch with my orks (I hate stealth suits:angry:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts