demolitions

Fast attack
-scout sentinel 40 pts
autocannon
-scout sentinel 40 pts
autocannon
-Vendetta 130 pts
sponsons heavy bolters

Grand total of 735 pts, still 15 points left. This list includes pretty much all the models i have, except for another ml and some meltas, gl and flamers. Since i'm going to join the army next month there is no hope that i can expand my army, maybe if i manage to paint all my infantry models in time i can buy the advisors and an inf squad and use it to make another 3 plasma guns and a regimental standard, but that is all. What do you guys think of this list? Is it any good? How would you use it? Cheers.

·
My backpack has JETS!
1,983 Posts
Since i'm going to join the army next month there is no hope that i can expand my army, maybe if i manage to paint all my infantry models in time i can buy the advisors and an inf squad and use it to make another 3 plasma guns and a regimental standard, but that is all.
It's hard to critique and advise on a list when the person in question isn't able to change it. But anyway, here we go:

CCS: Okay. Camo cloaks would be nice as these guys are going to take quite a beating without a Chimera. I would strongly consider giving these guys the Plasmaguns instead, because they can have a Medic to offset the Gets Hot! rule.

Troops: Nothing special, AC/GL is nice. Your infantry squads are priced up wrong, they should work out at 65 points each. Missile Launcher is a bad fit with the Plasma vets as their target priority is completely different. Melta vets is fine, though Demolitions is a little pricey - I take it these guys are going in the Vendetta?

Fast Attack: Scout Sentinels are okay, but for 80 points you could get a Hydra. Same number of Autocannons but now they're twin linked and on AV12. Vendetta is a nice buy, but as a transport for the Melta Vets it lacks the speed of the Valkyrie. If you move 12", you're only going to be able to fire one Lascannon. A Valkyrie with MRP's could fire everything it's got. If you do decide to keep the Vendetta, at least drop the Heavy Bolters.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well the fact that i won't be able to change my list in the near future does not mean that i won't be able to change it anymore.

CCS:i think you're right here i'll do it

Troops:you're right about the price, i'll fix it right away. I don't think that plasma\ml is a bad fit. With that kind of gear they can shoot to MCs, transports and MEQ quite easily. Melta vets are supposed to ride in the Vendetta, yes.

Fast attack: I'll make an Hydra as soon as i have time as i've hard they're pretty good, but for now the sentinels will have to suffice. I took the Vendetta because my most likely opponents would be marines and tyranids, and i lack in AT\anti-MCs firepower. Anyway i can easily swap to a Valkyrie as i have magnetized it.

Thanks for the input, i will surely implement some of your suggestions.You see you made me actually change my list. This is why i asked, there is always room for improvement.

new list:
HQ
-CCS 145pts
plasma gun x3
medic
camo cloacks
Troops
-PCS 50 pts
autocannon
grenade launcher x2
-IS 65 pts
autocannon
grenade launcher
-IS 65 pts
autocannon
grenade launcher
-VS 100 pts
grenade launcher x3
missile launcher
-VS 100 pts
melta x3

Fast attack
-scout sentinel 40 pts
autocannon
-scout sentinel 40 pts
autocannon
-Vendetta 140 pts
sponsons heavy bolters

745 points, the only doubt is that at 145 pts the CCs would be an expensive, and squishy, fire magnet.

·
My backpack has JETS!
1,983 Posts
... the only doubt is that at 145 pts the CCs would be an expensive, and squishy, fire magnet.
Yes, it will. But this would be true of any CCS not mounted in a transport, unfortunately. The best you can do is keep them in cover with Camo Cloaks. The medic will also go a long way to helping them survive a little.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vendetta with "sponsons" is 140 points not 130
You're right i'll change it immediatly, but as you can see the total amount of points is right.
@Ravendove: You may be right, but i've heard from several people that HB are always worth taking as they are dirty cheap and can always be handy, even on a vendetta. Besides there is not much else i can do with those 10 pts, so why not?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts