Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, new to the forums and still kinda new to the game. i generally play mortal Slaanesh (which i love by the way). Anyway its been a few months since I've played or been to the store, is there any word on when the 7th rule are coming out for us?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
All I've heard for certain (and this is official) is there will be a WD temporary fix of the Hordes of Chaos book after the Daemons Codex is released. After that, nothing is certain.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
GW stores apparently have HoC on their radar as a November release.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Spec has it, when DoC get released next month HoC will get a WD update / Replacement army book. It will likely be downloadable from the US site, no need to buy WD :) lol.

They will get a full army book in Nov.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I´m knda new in the game as well, just playing mortal chaos undivided for fews months now...

So, do you think there will be new mortal chaos warrior models with the new Army Book? I don´t know if GW always releases new models with every new Army Book, that´s why I´m asking :)

Any thoughts?

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
So, do you think there will be new mortal chaos warrior models with the new Army Book? I don´t know if GW always releases new models with every new Army Book, that´s why I´m asking :)
For warriors they're only likely to introduce more options like great weapons or god specific bitz. The models aren't that old, so other stuff is likely to get new models rather than them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I read the daemons army book. If they share spell lists, which I anticipate, then thats too bad about slaanesh. The list got significantly worse, and I loved the last one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Talking about the Demons Army Book... can we asume it will be compatible with the current Hordes of Chaos book?

Or are we going unable to mix Demons with Mortals in the same list when the Demon book is released?

·
Watcher In The Sky
1,083 Posts
Daemons Of Chaos looks to be incompatable with HoC alas.

And why would anyone want new models for the Chaos Warriors? The current models are fantastic. A few more weapon options is all thats needed.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well, I've heard some good things and some bad things from the WD lsit:

Swiped from Reds8n over at Golden Thorne, who swiped it from the Warhammer Forum, thanks to Mr. Revlid over there:

From The Warhammer Forum:

Originally Posted by Vladamir
Hey guys, got some info about the upcoming hordes of chaos white dwarf update:

Chaos chariots and knights are special choices, chariots have dropped down to 100 points

Marks are the same, with some points changes. Mok may not generate dispel dice, but costs signifigantly less.

No furies

Chaos warriors have dropped in points (down to 12 )

Cost to upgrade a unit to chosen costs 1 point less

No daemons

Might still be able to ally with beasts

Hellcannon is an army choice now! Still takes up 2 rares though...

Thats it for now. Quite pleased with the changes to the points cost of the warriors, but not happy with some of the choices.
Originally Posted by Revlid
More info, in order of reliability:

Mark of Nurgle is scads cheaper. (at last!)
Sorcerers can have the Mark of Tzeentch - I think it gives them some sort of re-roll.
Mark of Khorne only generates Dispel Dice for characters.

Daemon Prince might still be available.

Chaos GIANT will be in the list as a Rare.

Flayerkin will supposedly NOT be in the list. IF they are, they will be altered to be more generic beserkers than Skaven siege-weapons, and they might not even be called Flayerkin.
Although yes, the Hellcannon will be. (with a nice Fluff blurb about Chaos Dwarfs)

There will be a Magic Item (sacrificial knife?) that is related to the Zealot class from Age of Reckoning.

Chaos Spawn are the same, although their Marks may have changed a little to be more in line with the effects of Daemonic Loci.

Marauders will not have access to Marks.
However, a new Core unit, Cultists, will have access to slightly altered (Spawn-esque) Marks. They will be less 'Fighty' than the Marauders, with no armour, less WS/I, and only access to 2HW and Flails. The pictures for them are apparently converted Flagellants, so there might not be new models?

Allying with Beasts of Chaos and Daemons of Chaos is possible, but requires Magic Items. Chalice of Chaos (?) allows you to take some Daemonic units as Special, and Totem of Chaos (?) allows you to take some Beast units as Special.

Mutants were mentioned - possibly as character upgrades (unlikely), a new Special unit in line with the Age of Reckoning Marauders (possible), or even a unit in the next Beasts of Chaos book (no idea).
What do y'all have to say?

·
Registered
7 Posts
And why would anyone want new models for the Chaos Warriors? The current models are fantastic. A few more weapon options is all thats needed.
No, you get me wrong :)

I don´t want new models, I like the badass aspect of the current warriors of Chaos... just asking because I recently bought two boxes of warriors and dont´want them to be "obsolete" in a matter of months :0

But yes, a new weapon options is needed... such two-handed axes, swords and the such.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ugh... one of the main reasons I chose Chaos was for the diversity in lists. You basically have a mesh of 3 armies, and it sounds like they want to make that harder to accomplish. Other then that I like the other changes that are listed there. The knights and chariot being made special is no surprise to me and reasonable unless upgrading to chosen makes them a rare.

I really like the idea of mutated troops. It could add a lot of flavor to a mortal only list.

Flayerkin were (visually) awesome looking in the SoC book, but i never play seiges so never used them. Hopefully they do enter 7th as a 'normal' troop along with models.

Hellcannon loooove :party2: Hopefully it remains the same... possibly less angry when the dwarves die lol.

As far as Slaanesh magic goes, I hope they alter it to be more effective on 'immune to psychology' units. Playing VC or TK can ruin your casting completely if you end up with those types of spells that won't effect anything in their list.

edit:spelling

·
Watcher In The Sky
1,083 Posts
Does anyone know WHICH White Dwarf thats going to be in? And is it definately going to be published on the website?

Cheaper warriors! WAHAY!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I´m not a veteran WFB player (yet, but I will be one day ;D) but those changes sound pretty good to me. We get some Hellcannon love (I love the model, yay!) and cheaper Warriors, wich sounds nice, I´m waiting to see if the points to make them Choosen Ones will be reduced as well. Not very happy with the fact that demons will be restricted for mortal lists, but it seems that, at least, we can get some demon love with the proper item (I thought that I will never have the chance again to use my Screamers), wich is better than nothing.

I didn´t bought the Hellcannon yet since I play with people who stick to "official tournament rules", and thus I was unable to use it in my battles, but I hope this rumors are official so I can use it to kick some butts in my local gaming club :)

·
7,143 Posts
Does anyone know WHICH White Dwarf thats going to be in? And is it definately going to be published on the website?
Apparently, next Month, so May. The HoC update is needed as the current HoC book wont work at all with the new DoC, which is here in may, hence the need for the HoC update.

As for online, i doubt it will be on the UK site straight away, but after a frew months it should be. Check the US site though, far better over there, they have everything.

·
7,143 Posts
Check out the HoC Rumours thread by JvK. It seems i was wrong about it being May, June instead... ahh well, 1 more month of me being able to use Armour of Damnation on my Beastlord! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts