Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the school league, it limits it to 800 pts, with regular restrictions... any ideas? Since thats only 200 for a hero, thats gonna have to be a lonely liche priest for this, since he needs upgrades. Any ideas on the rest of the army? I'm thinking bowmen and chariots, but i honestly have no idea. I would like a skelly warrior unit, but without a prince they might not do anything decent :

·
Registered
275 Posts
That's 200 points for heroes AND 200 points for lords(25% each), plenty for a lvl 3 high liche priest, a somewhat outfitted prince and a naked necrotect.

I would also add a bunker for the high liche priest since he is naked or at the most has a 6+ ward save. I like big blocks of skellies, they can stop anything in their tracks. And then all you need is something to beat the **** out of whatever your block of skellies is fighting, chariots, ushabti, necropolis knights, sphinxes etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sadly the quote is:
"You must have a Hero/Lord but not spend more than 25% of your points value on them."
So it's only one Lord/hero im gonna get, and since i need a liche priest, and he needs to be kitted out well enough, i'd rather a defensiable lvl 2 than a defenceless lvl 3.
I agree on the bunker method for the liche priest, and chariots/necropolis knights sound good, but again on the skelly warrior unit, they'd need a prince to be effective.

Mebbe, Liche priest, bowmen, chariots and necropolis knights?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey mate. If the schools league has it's own rules, fair enough. However if it doesn't and uses the rule book as the "regular restrictions" seemed to suggest: on pg 134 (mini book) says "you can spend 25% of your points on lords" and "you can spend 25% of your points on heros".

If it does indeed use the rulebook I'd run something like this:

High Liche Priest - 200
+ Earthing Rod

Tomb Prince - 149
+Great Weapon
+Armour of Silvered Steel

39xSkele Warriors - 186
+Full Command

15x Skele Bowmen - 100
+Musician

3x Chariots - 165

Total - 800pts

This will give you a good magic phase, a decent prince, a nice bunker for your Priest, a big anvil and a nice & easy to use hammer too.

The staff on HLP is good as 25pts wont get you better than the 6+ regen he gets anyway but miscasts will RUIN your day.

Don't take Light armour on your skeles: worst-case scenario you waste a point because your opponent has S5+, best-case scenario you increase the cost of a model by 25% to make it 14% more likely to survive

If you can't take that, swap the Prince for a casket, take the musician from bowmen and use the 24 points to buy 6 more skeles

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, looks intresting. However one of my friends can't do it, and theres no others to replace him :<

Ah well mebbe next year, but I'll def. use some of those ideas, Thanks guys! :)

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Actually, light armor gives A 17% chance of a save, not 14%. And since you crumble a number of models equal to your opponent's margin of victory, call it a 17% chance of saving two models, not one... Assuming that your opponent isn't S5+. It's costed about right, IMHO... Not that I take the upgrade. Just saying it's not stupid to take the armor... Now, spears, those are stupid!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Actually, light armor gives A 17% chance of a save, not 14%
Chance of dying vs S4 attack (where the difference is most apparent):
hw+s = 5/6 = 83.3%
la+hw+s = 5/6 x 5/6 = 69.4%
difference = 13.9% = 14%

since you crumble a number of models equal to your opponent's margin of victory, call it a 17% chance of saving two models, not one
Fair point, however so long as you with 75% or more of your fights (8x0.75 =6), then there's no need for it. As you're generally able to get your hammers into flank charge within 2 turns (4 combats), and you generally win combats when your hammers hit, in my view it's still not worth it. That said, I heartily agree with you that it's a possibility, and that by no means does taking LA mean you'll start losing games horrifically.....Spears on the other hand, like you say, are like that :p

·
Registered
275 Posts
Chance of dying vs S4 attack (where the difference is most apparent):
hw+s = 5/6 = 83.3%
la+hw+s = 5/6 x 5/6 = 69.4%
difference = 13.9% = 14%
Actually you're wrong, there is a difference of 13.9 percentage points, which are NOT the same as percentage. a percentage difference in percentages is calculated the same way as the percentage to begin with, which means the math is

100-69.4/83.3*100=16.7

Which is approximately 17%

·
Registered
203 Posts
Bit of mathhammer going on here, i guess itll help you more if i show you my own 800 p TK tournement list!;)

Liche priest, lvl 2.

34 skelletons, banner, banner of flames.

3 chariots

3 chariots

Warspinx.

I deploy my skeletons in a horde a hide my LP in it, of you put him on a far flank and you charge you can have him out of combat very easily. I also tend to just run him around if my enemy has no shooting at all, no risk in that. The skeletons have the banner of flames for building fights, flaming attacks give you rerolling to wound in buildings! The watchtower scenario seems to be a recurring theme in tournements, and while chariots cant get into buildings at all it is nice to be holding or assaulting a unit with some strenght. It is also nice against the occasional Hydra or Hellpit abomination due to the Regen break.

I also always double run 2 units of chariots of three, they heal extremely fast that way as our spells tend to be area of effect, so you heal with double speed. Chariot healing is always good btw, an average of 55 Pts healing with one heal is amazing! I always double charge them in units, to keep them together and maximize impact in one unit, using one unit early on in the game in 800 p is usually very difficult for a player to overcome.

And finally, the warspinx is a hammer of great delight, it kinda mashes up any unit your up against in 800 p, but beware of certain spells and I tests. Mist wrethed swamps( I test or lost d6 MODELS) is instant death for this lad, and i also lost one once due to the 5d6 S1 hits from the lore of the beastmen in turn one. He can be a bitch, and he usually is in these points, but you can also lose him very quickly all of the sudden.

Hope i helped you, see what you do!;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
New to 8th here, so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question:

Where does it say that our skeletons can take a magic banner? I'm just not seeing it under their unit entry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts