Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys points may be a bit off just going of the top of my head correct me if i was wrong, critticism thanked

HQ.
Venerable dred
w/ assaultcannon,dccw,extra armour,smoke launchers
163pts

TROOPS
10 Blood claws
w/power fist,power weapon,
rhino w/extra armour,smoke launchers
212pts

10 Blood claws
w/power fist,powerweapon,
rhino w/extra armour,smoke launchers

8 greyhunters
w/bolters,
razorback w/twin-linked lascannon

the basic strategy to this army is to move 12-24 inches up the field hugging cover then pop smoke deploy marines behind tanks using them as shields then when the next turn comes charge into the closest enemy while the grey hunters and razorback take the biggest threat.

So there it is fire away.

·
Registered
44 Posts
im not sure but i think razorbacks can only carry 6 passengers. unless the razorback is not carrying anyone and acting as a support platform, you should reducce the squad to 6 men.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
In the mean time, from starting to where the troops deploy, how do you think you can make your tanks not blowing up from enemy fire? I guess by the cover of the Dreadnought...

Apart from that is a very nice list except the one thing I would add is some wargear to the Grey Hunters... a power fist, a power weapon... something to make a difference... that is if you have the points!

·
Poisonous Mammal
390 Posts
High Marshall Me, through a technicality in the wording of the SW dex you can indeed take a razorback in a grey hunter pack even if they are more then 6 models. I would assume that this will be taken away in the new Dex when ever it comes out.

Also, as Aadvark pointed out you are required to take 2 HQs in an 850 point battle, which really sucks for SW.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thx for the feed back guys and also high marshall me he is correct about the razor back and i hope that this does not change in the new codex, i will re model the list with the points that you guys have made and will post it soon p.s GO THE WOLVES!!!!!

·
Wolf Lord
426 Posts
im not sure but i think razorbacks can only carry 6 passengers. unless the razorback is not carrying anyone and acting as a support platform, you should reducce the squad to 6 men.
I think the High Marshall was aware of the fact that you could take the razorback regardless of the squad count, but was pointing out that it is not necessarily the best idea to do so. I agree with him that if you are going to take a razorback you might as well get the most out of it by having a six man squad to put in it. This is not to say that the razorback can not be useful fielded on its own, but if you are not able to use it as a transport under any circumstances then I would suggest that there are better options.

Attack bikes and land speeders can both be purchased for the same cost as a razorback and will outperform it as a means of firepower. The advantage the razorback has over these selections is its transport capability. If you are not using that capability you are better off spending the points elsewhere.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
I think the High Marshall was aware of the fact that you could take the razorback regardless of the squad count, but was pointing out that it is not necessarily the best idea to do so. I agree with him that if you are going to take a razorback you might as well get the most out of it by having a six man squad to put in it. This is not to say that the razorback can not be useful fielded on its own, but if you are not able to use it as a transport under any circumstances then I would suggest that there are better options.

Attack bikes and land speeders can both be purchased for the same cost as a razorback and will outperform it as a means of firepower. The advantage the razorback has over these selections is its transport capability. If you are not using that capability you are better off spending the points elsewhere.
I have seen and I have tried a little trick with a Razorback... A Razorback on the field, which my opponent never asked what it carried, moving and shooting as it is normal to do... only when it was devastated in Round 4 in front of the enemy lines he saw that it was empty... A decoy to make the rest of the army reach into CC... Expensive decoy you might say but a decoy... ;Y

·
Poisonous Mammal
390 Posts
I have seen and I have tried a little trick with a Razorback... A Razorback on the field, which my opponent never asked what it carried, moving and shooting as it is normal to do... only when it was devastated in Round 4 in front of the enemy lines he saw that it was empty... A decoy to make the rest of the army reach into CC... Expensive decoy you might say but a decoy... ;Y
No offence indented here but that would never work in our gaming group, since well…people pay attention to what is being placed on the board and when you place a squad on the board with a razorback at the same time during deployment it kinda gives away the whole surprise.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
No offence indented here but that would never work in our gaming group, since well…people pay attention to what is being placed on the board and when you place a squad on the board with a razorback at the same time during deployment it kinda gives away the whole surprise.
Yeah to our gaming group too... but that day the opponent wasn't too curious on what I have inside... I still can't understand why and I could pull it off...8X

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.