Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all!!!

Do believe I'm gonna take a little break from O&Gs and start up a CHAOS DWARF ARMY!!! WOOO!!!! It's been a dream for quite a while and I've recently discovered that the forge world army list is 100% official and usable in all gw stores and official tourneys. Of course indy events are always questionable, but banning Chaos Dwarfs is now on par with banning the Empire or Orcs & Goblins :D Here is my list, please feel free to critique as necessary as I am in this to win!

Lord - 365

Dagran Hellforge: Sorcerer-Prophet (General) - 365
- Crown of Command
- The Mask of The Furnace (4+ ward, causes fear, 2+ ward vs flaming, improves armor save to 3+)

Hero - 132

Ungar Hilldark - Dark Castellan - 132
- Battle Standard Bearer
- Shield

Core Units - 692

40 Infernal Guard - 500
- Flag
- Musician

40 Hobgoblin Cutthroats - 192
- Hand Weapon & Shield
- Flag
- Musician

Special

6 Kdaai Fireborn - 340 (Can't decide between these guys and the centaurs, though it seems crazy to throw away all of their crazy buffs and saves.)
- Manburner

1 Magma Cannon - ***

Rare

1 Kdaai Destroyer - ***

Total: 1999 Points

Problems Im Seeing
- Will be outnumbered (horribly)
- No magical attacks to deal with ethereals, though I should be able to take them in static res...
- Speed: The Kdaai are my only outriders...

List looks tough bnut theres definitely weaknesses...

Let me know what you gents think... Im planning to play this army in the next tourney among friends. Thanks a bunch for all the help!! :D

- Robby

·
Registered
692 Posts
To reply from the private message you sent me:

I am not a professional with the Tamurkhan. I have played Roughly 12-14 Games with the Army list in the Last Year. Most of Which I have not won, but I have won a few Games with them against Semi Competitive Lists, but against all Competitive Lists Accept one I have lost. So that is 6 loss, 4 Wins, and 4 Draws. And im Ok with those numbers seeing as how the Tamurkhan is No where Geared for 8th edition.

Moving onto List critque. Sorcerer's are Best Being as cheap as Possible. Magic phases are Almost never going to Exist, my Suggestion is to Drop 6 Dice on the Biggest spell you have and hope they cannot Dispell it.

IronSworn as not Worth it. they Cost too much.

Infernal Guard at around 20-25 seem to Work Best. They are Best used for Grinding Alongside gobbo hordes.

Gobbo Hordes are your MainStay unit......which is Sad, because they Suck. Best way to use them is not to Horde them, but keep them Long Ways so you can SteadFast your Opponent, and Then Charge that unit with something a little Scaryer like a Destroyer or Centaurs.

FireBorn are Garbage. They are Self Destructive...and every game Ive used them they Self Destruct at the Wrong Time...Ive never made their points back.

Warmachines. Keep them as cheap as possible.

Destroyer. He is our Everything, without him the Tamurkhan has nothing.

So overall, Keeep your Characters Cheap, Spam gobbos support them with Infernal Guard, Keeep Warmachines Cheap, and Win with the Destroyer. We have too Much Quality in our Codex, and not enough Quantity. By keeping everything on the cheap side, we can almost have a balance of the two to become competitive. Its also going to require a deep understanding of the rules and of Beardy Tactics.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[MENTION=34688]slann-o-engine-eo[/MENTION]: Hey thanks for the reply!

Im disappointed to hear about the fireborn. I thought with only a 1/3 chance per turn of failing and at only D3 wounds then would be a solid choice... plus with all the crazy saves and auto fire damage to the enemy + stomp. :( Maybe I'll go for bull centaurs instead or just beef up the core and play more machines.

Even more disappointed to hear about the gobbos... I play an O&G army as my main and I wanted to get away from that. People that are having success on the chaos dwarf forums are spending as little on core units as possible... But I guess the only real competitive way to go is some kind of hybrid between a gobbo horde backed up by tough dwarf overseers and technology.

I guess I'll try out a few things and post my results.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
582 Posts
personally I would put the mask on your bsb to give him some more protection and remember your prophet already has a magic weapon so you can deal with ethereal creatures that way.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[MENTION=51206]furrie[/MENTION]: Hi and thanks for the reply!

Yeah I changed the list up a bit and thats exactly what I'm gonna do. I honestly think I need the fireborn though... i'll have no heavy hitters otherwise and the destroyer can't do all the hammer work on his own. I mean whats the alternative to fireborn anyway? Bull centaurs don't have enough attacks and arent available till august anyway... I could posibly put some more war machines in but come turn 3 i'm dust if they don't perform. And I could possibly put blunderbusses or fireglaives in but again same thing as warmachines... if they don't do well i'm gone in the end game. I don't really see any alternative in a 2000 point list... And honestly with the free strength 4 flaming hit, plus the free strength 5 stomp... fireborn have a bare minimum of 4 attacks each against infantry and 3 against everyone else. Not to mention against infantry they'll be in base contact with a handful of them and get that many more attacks. IMO they're gold. If anyone disagrees please tell me. And slann I know you said keep the characters cheap but my gamer group is completely challenge crazy so I'd feel more comfortable protecting them.

New list...

Sorcerer-Prophet - 350
- Tali of Pres
- Charmed Shield
- Crown of Command

Dark Castellan - 197
- BSB
- Mask of The Furnace
- Shield

20 Infernal Guard (General goes here) - 260
- Sword & Board
- Flag
- Muse

19 Infernal Guard (BSB goes here) - 248
- Sword & Board
- Flag
- Muse

6 K'daai Fireborn - ***

2 Magma Cannons - ***

1 K'daai Destroyer - ***

Total: 2000 on the dot

Gen and bsb's unit will stay close together and both be stubborn on leadership 10 with rerolls... aka unbreakable. Destroyer and fireborn will guard flanks. Cannons will burn things...

Does it look solid enough? I opted out of the hobos because they're garbage and will flee after a couple of combats... Other units will shred them and break their steadfast. 20 Dwarfs will do more damage than them, be essentially unbreakable, and lose way less casualties... Its a mathematical certainty. Gobbos are too soft... plus I hate hobgoblins with a passion. If anything I'll try to make room for a couple of heroes on wolves... but im not sure what to drop. Perhaps demote the sorc-prophet?

Let me know what you guys think :)

Thanks!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts