Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently asked to come up with some 400pt combat patrol lists for participation games that could be stored and used out of the box; and i'm looking for some help with ideas.

i was asked to come up with six ,with the best four likley to be made. really we are looking for lists that are legal under the combat patrol rules in the main rule book, competative and display some of the character and coolness of each races list.

the six foces we are interested in doing are; Space marines (no traits), imperial guard, Tau, Eldar, Orks and Tyranids.

so if any of you have good 400pt lists for any of the above or any comments please post a reply

many thanks

·
Gone
1,286 Posts
You'd be better off trolling the Army List sections for Combat Patrol armies that have received good reviews. Of course, make sure to cite the creator.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you are probably right; but i'm still hopfull this may attract responses from anyone who may not have posted their super special secret 400pt list that they might share with me out of the goodness of their hearts....;)

oh and i forgot to mention chaos space marines..... or at least thats what the inquisition would have you believe.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Question: Is this for new/interested players to come in a play with?
Because I can make an easy-to-use list for beginners, or one that's harder to master, but maximizes the army efficiency.
I'll make one right now (for Tau) assuming it's for newbies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
They are for newbies so need to be fairly accessalbe and fun to give them a taste of 40k

also idealy you want somthing that is mobile, shooty and assaulty (if thats A word) so they get to do something in every phase if thats at all possible. obviously in some armies one phase is going to be stronger than others but you get the idea.

thanks for the interest so far

keep it coming

·
....coookies...
1,753 Posts
Not to mention

Not to mention shooty, shootier and shootiest, as well as a liberal smattering of other made up words that do the job very well thank you very much!

·
975 Posts
I perfer daka more daka, and daka daka daka daka.

Anywho I would suggest not using guard as that is quite a few models to move around if you are just playing a tutorial game with a potential new player.

You want tyranids, space marines, tau, and and evil army (orks/chaos)

Shows the divirsity of the armies themselves and will appeal to a broad spectrum of people. Some will like the armored knightly looking space maries or the cool mech warrior tau, or the aliens or the BAD GUYS.

just my thoughts now back to work. Mechanics of Materials .... ugh labreports

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here goes for Tyranid:

HQ:
1 × 3Tyranid Warrior Brood:
Troops:
1 × 8 Hormagaunt Brood
1× 11 Termagant Brood
1× 6 Genestealer Brood
400 Points

Hopefully this works i haven't trialed it yet.

Reactions: Shiz_Vaerth

·
319 Posts
Probably fun...

Big Mek w/ Shokk attack gun, Heavy armour

Gretchin x19, runtherd

Gretchin x19, runtherd

Killa kan x1, big shoota, armor plates, grot riggers

I think that is 399 points.

Enjoy

·
Registered
103 Posts
I beg to differ on guard being a bad idea. It's not any more models than tyranids or orks, and what's 40k without the normal human army?

Here's a guard list.

5 Hardened Veterans @ 69 Pts
Grenade Launcher (x2)
1 Veteran Sergeant @ [13] Pts

Guard Infantry Platoon @ 215 Pts
4 Guardsmen @ [55] Pts
Autocannon
Junior Officer @ [0] Pts
9 Guardsmen @ [75] Pts
Missile Launcher
1 Sergeant @ [0] Pts
9 Guardsmen @ [80] Pts
Plasma Gun; Heavy Bolter

Hellhound @ 115 Pts

I forgot if hellhound is okay with combat patrol rules. I think it is...:?

Anyway, I avoided using doctrines since it might confuse people and you asked for no traits for the space marine one, so I guessed you might not want doctrines either. Something like iron discipline and close order drill could make this more effective.

A standard guard shooting list that isn't too horrible and allows people to experience infiltrating elites, various heavy/special weapons, and a vehicle.8Y

·
663 Posts
SInce your doing this for a stor I'd try and help you out a bit and give you lists that are both easy to make and use but still use several good stratagies. They are all made with each other in mind so that they can be used together. Also the three lists I have all can be made with One Battle Box set. (the smaller ones)

Honurs.
Tactical Squad
-5 Marines, Heavy Bolter
Tactical Squad
-5 Marines, Vetrian Sergant, Power
Fist, Rhino.
Scouts
-5 Scouts, Bolters, Heavy Bolter.
Da Boyz
-10 Sluga Boyz, Nob, Power Claw,
Trukk, Evy armor, Stikk Launchaz.
Da Boyz
10 Boyz, Shootaz, Nob, Big Choopa.
Warbikers
3 Bikers, Nob, Powerclaw.
Talons, Toxic Sacs, Enhansed Sences.
Genestealears
-6 Stealers, Extended Carpace.
Hormoguants
-8 Hormoguants.
Spineguants
-8 Spineguants.
Rippers
-3 Rippers

·
Mr Commisar to you
2,885 Posts
Guard are great for combat patrol and TBH one of the best ways is with chimeras so thats not many men at all. ANyway a few guard lists:

AF squad w/grenade and missilelauncher
chimera, multilas heavy bolter, pintle stormbolter and extra armour
Hardened vet squad
10 men 2x grenade launchers and a plasma, vet sarge bolt pistol and powersword
chimera same as above

A fairly standard mech list fairly forgiving and shows off the vets.

Doctrines: cameleoline, light infantry

platoon:
Command (camo only)
Jo with bolt pistol
mortar

(all squads wiht camo and light infantry)
Sqd 1 with autocannon and grenade launcher
Sqd 2 with autocannon and plasma
Sqd 3 with sniper rifle and flamer

sentinel with multilas

Shows some doctrine action andgives a range of weapons, the flame ris a points filler not a great squad but again as a beginner list it isn't too bad. Shows the use of a sentienl as well. Balanced list with good hitting power encourages use of cover.

For a basic list go for

platoon
cmd:
JO iron discipline power sword
mortar

Sqd 1 with missile and grenade launchers
Sqd 2 with heavy bolter and plasma

AF squad with heavy bolter and grenade launcher, vet sarge
chimera with extra armour and smokes, multilas and heavy bolter.

This list gives a nice really balanced list which is good to start from as an army purchase. Simple to buy, an AF squad box a heavy weapons box and a normal infantry box. thats 26 men and parts to make an officer with a little conversion. Alternatively a battalion box and a chimera would get you the models for only 7 quid more and you get a russ into the bargain!

Hope that helps

A

·
Registered
17 Posts
for orks im generally a horde player

for combat patrols i run :

unit 1: 23 ork boys, slugga choppa, 2 rokkits
1 ork nob, power claw, bosspole
unit 2: 23 ork boys shootas, 2 big shootas
1 ork nob, power claw, bosspole

48 models on the table

tis an evil list and generally does alright :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.