Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As this Sunday will be the last chance I get to have a game of 8th before I try AoS. Me and my friend will be having a big game, bigger than any I have done before. We are having a 8K game.
I will be using my Empire, lizardmen and brets with his dwarfs, high elves and ogres vs my Warriors, Orcs with his undead and daemons.
It should be epic and also a full day of fun.

Are any of you saying goodbye in a similar way?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
We are playing a 8 way triumph and treachery 3k each over a whole weekend as our fond fair well. I already don't like the look of it based on the images today the guys on round bases >=[ look like fantasy sanguine guard

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
One of the guys in my group dropped 5k of Orcs on the table last week and ran his Waagh against 5k of other players. I wasn't able to make it.

My group of friends is considering running a "big huge" game of Triumph and Treachery as well, possibly one of our old school "one day campaigns" where we clear out a massive area in a garage or basement and play on an 8x8 or larger "table". We're not sure though, since we've decided that we're probably not going to say "goodbye" to the game we love. If AoS releases turn out to give us what we want from the game, then we're not losing out on anything. If they don't, then we keep playing 8th. And if we decide to keep playing 8th, we're probably going to start modifying the daylights out of it to try and rebuild a living, breathing system from the ashes. Check out my thread in the Rules Development section.

I've been getting punched in the gut all month, really. A long-term relationship broke down and I've got the apartment to myself now, and then my favorite game decided to just throw it's bags on the floor and walk out too. I'd say that it's lonely at the top, but I can't see the peak for the clouds.

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Until I know what is going to happen with my gaming group(who most if not all don't like the look of AoS) it will be my send off.

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
Actually had a rather quiet but reassuring "send off" for the game tonight. I misunderstood some family holiday plans, and ended up with enough free time in the evening to hang out with my longest-playing friend and get a game in. My heavily proxied Empire list against an old Tomb Kings army he dug out from the closet. We could have played Warriors against Lizards, ruled for "painted models only, no proxies" or whatever. But we didn't, we just threw some stuff on a picnic table in his pavilion and played a game.

The Tomb Kings almost held their own.

The game wrapped up in time for us to sign online and take a look at the downloadable rules and Warscrolls for AoS.

We got well and truly drunk. We went back outside to the pavilion and sat down, smoked some cigars. Years ago we'd played some of our first games of Warhammer in this pavilion. We looked at the cobbled collections of models in front of us; some High Elves, some Dark Elves, a bunch of Skinks, a few Tomb Kings units, some Empire knights, Marauder horses. We lazily flipped through our worn-out old pocket-rulebooks. We drank some more.

The beer is running out, smokes are getting low. Eventually, one of us says,
"You know, I think I'm finally gonna sell N- my Dark Elves"
"Really?" an eyebrow goes up. We don't usually part with models once we own them. Too much time invested, too many memories connected to little lumps of plastic. N- doesn't make a lot of money, doesn't always have the cash to buy new models and keep up with building fresh armies.
"Yeah. Those Bretonnian models still look real good" smiles all around. We call it a night and head home. I put 'Farewell Ride' by Beck on my stereo for the drive back across town.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Are any of you saying goodbye in a similar way?
Not our group. We aren't saying goodbye to WHFB. There is way too much to do first. Just a couple of us has gotten to 3000 points. We've only had a few games of T&T. Only two of us has played End Times and none of us has gotten a chance to play Storm yet. So, we're going to continue playing Warhammer 8th ed for awhile.

We will play AoS when we want to play a quick 1-2 hour game of something.

·
575 Posts
Well, my gaming group (4 to 5 regulars and just as many occasional guests) has decided to settle back to 7th edition. Many of us didn't even have a battle with 8th edition yet (or the respective armybook for that matter)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts