Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With the re-emergence of the hated Undead foe the Holy Order of the Templars of Sigmar must raise musters and purge the land of this parasitic menace.

There does how ever seem to be a problem... which rules to use to make my Witch Hunter?

Captains/Generals can have Full Plate, Pistols and an acceptable number of attacks and ballistic skill for the level of training members of the Order of the Silver Hammer receive.

Grand Masters are the best martial troops an Empire army can field (bar Special Characters) and Witch Hunters are meant to be Knights, but no pistols and accompaniment of full unit of field knights. Maybe could use some Black Guard of Morr.

Yet Warrior Priests and Arch Lectors (for the mega-doom) are the natural choice for the smiting of the Undead, but again no pistols, no full plate and they have only WS 4 and 2 Attacks!

Or should I make a special character? 3 Attacks, Full Plate Armour. Warlock Pistol, Sword of Fate (against Highest Level Magic user in enemy army), Crimson Amulet or Sigil of Sigmar and the Silver Horn (to represent the fear of reprisals should the Witch Hunter live)

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
With the re-emergence of the hated Undead foe the Holy Order of the Templars of Sigmar must raise musters and purge the land of this parasitic menace.

There does how ever seem to be a problem... which rules to use to make my Witch Hunter?

Captains/Generals can have Full Plate, Pistols and an acceptable number of attacks and ballistic skill for the level of training members of the Order of the Silver Hammer receive.

Grand Masters are the best martial troops an Empire army can field (bar Special Characters) and Witch Hunters are meant to be Knights, but no pistols and accompaniment of full unit of field knights. Maybe could use some Black Guard of Morr.

Yet Warrior Priests and Arch Lectors (for the mega-doom) are the natural choice for the smiting of the Undead, but again no pistols, no full plate and they have only WS 4 and 2 Attacks!

Or should I make a special character? 3 Attacks, Full Plate Armour. Warlock Pistol, Sword of Fate (against Highest Level Magic user in enemy army), Crimson Amulet or Sigil of Sigmar and the Silver Horn (to represent the fear of reprisals should the Witch Hunter live)
I think you should go with a mixture of them all. The Archlector on the Pope-mobile is obviously the choice for your general. Don't worry about the poor stats, give him van horstmann's speculum and he'll swap stats with the vampire lord. The war alter also brings a whole lot more to the table with prayers and great lore of light spells when you get close to the enemy.
A captain on a pegasus with pistol, sword of might (to get those pesky ethereals) FP, shld and the Doomfire ring (kills ethereals and fast cav in a hurry)
Here's where you might disagree with me - I think 2 wizards (1 with rod of power, 1 w/scrolls) are helpful. You may want warpriests instead to tromp around with knights
I would get some pistoliers
some cannons (blow up corpse carts and vargulfs)
and then some swordsmen with detachments
handgunners with hochland longrifles to take out the champions so your VHS will be useful.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, sorry.

Thank you for the advice, I am currently looking at my fixed Empire army and wondering how I'll tactically adapt to fight Vampires.
(I don't change armies, just strategies!)

Not making an army to kill to Vampires, just want to make a Witch Hunter model, for when I play against them. Just trying to find peoples opinions on what would make the best/most sensible rule set for a member of the Knights Templar of Sigmar!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was that^ your 1k post?

Will do:

Arch Lector on War Alter (w/ Dawn Armour, Casket of Socucry and Crimson thingy-ma-gig)
2 Battle Priests (1 w/ Armour of Meteroic Iron and
Ring of Volans and other with Doomfire Ring and Sigil 'o Sigmar)
Witch Hunter? Currently Captain.

25 Spearmen
(w/ Detachment 5 Handgunners and Detachment of 10 Halbaders)

25 Spearmen
(w/ Detachment 5 Handgunners and Detachment of 10 Halbaders)

15 Fanatics

6 Pistollers

10 Knights Inner Circle

1 Mortar

1 Hellstorm

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
That's a bit harsh isn't it, David? (Can't say I disagree, though...)

From your descriptions, though, I'd say the Captain/General does sound most like the Witch hunter you seem to have in mind (armour, sword, pistol, etcetera...)

But, like you say, he might not quite be beefy enough to properly represent a Templar Knight. Special character time, perhaps?

·
Consumate professional
2,863 Posts
Id say a Captain is the best fit, as Grand Masters and Battle Priests are very specific types...not to say you couldnt have some battle priests in a Witch hunter army!

Im doing a similar thing, as I love the Witch hunter Morheim models! so im making a varient list of my normal empire army, lots of flagellents and militia- probably wont be effective game wise but it should look good! if i get round to it i want to get the Mordheim witch model and put her in a cage to be pushed around with the army as a sort of battle standard

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.