Librarium Online Forums banner

A Crack at lizardmen! 2K

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Sidewinder 
#1 ·
So its been a while since i posted here, last was about my warriors of chaos army (which is doing great) Though i had the urge to start a new project since i have finished uni, here cometh the lizardmen.
Never played them, a mate of mine used to have them back when we were about 12 (21 now) and i just wanted to run a very cool slan army! So on that note here is the army

Slann Mage Priest (life) - 470
3x Discipline (focus Mystery, Focused Rumination, Higher State Of consciousness)
Cupped Hands
Battle Standard Bearer
Ruby Ring of Ruin

Saurus Scar-Veteran - 138
Light Armour
Shield
Sword of the Hornet
Potion of Strength

20 Temple Gaurd - 400
Revered Guardian (Burning Blade of Chotec)
Musician
Standard Bearer (Skavenpelt Banner)

40 Saurus Warriors - 498
Musician
Standard
Spears

24 Saurus Warriors - 282
Musician
Standard

TOTAL = 1780

So as you can see im 220 off from my total, this is ware i need help

So the slann, scar-vet and temple gaurd are all together
Ruby ring gives little more shootyness to life magic
Scar-vet is there for challanges
Burning Blade on unit champ for knights and what not
Banner for slann?

The rest of the army i like how it is, two very simple units!

If you can help to fill that 220, the please be my gust .... though i dont really want salamanders or razor whatsits

THANKS
C.Wadey

See less See more
#2 ·
a couple things but first
The Temple Guard can not have the skaven pelt banner as it is a skink only item.

Okay, with that out of the way; Temple Guard are a beat stick you will have them up in the face of the enemy army, consider the Becalming Cogitation instead of Higher State. As he is sitting in the temple guard he will be getting close to the enemy anyways and while the unit is still around (which with the lore of Life will be forever) he will always have the 2+ Look Out Sir! save as well as his inbuilt 4+ ward.

What you are lacking is skinks. Skinks are the solution to so many problems for the Lizardmen army; Monsters? Mass Poison, warmachines? Chameleon Skinks mass poison or Terradons.
I would get a couple units of regular skink skirmishers and a couple of chameleons and/or terradons. With those additions you have got a solid army.

If you want a banner on your slann BSB you could grab the banner of Discipline making him Ld10, along with cold-blooded you will only fail a leadership test maybe once in a hundred games.

#3 ·
Cheer's Man!

So after taking of that banner i am left with 245 points, these are the options i am thinking of taking!

OPTION 1 (shooty power, dispell cady, extra channel, cast from priest view)

Skink Priest - 90
Dispel Scroll

11 Skink Skirmishers - 77

11 Skink Skirmishers - 77

OPTION 2 (scout moves, anti artilary)

10 Chamelon Skinks - 126
Stalker

3 Terradon Riders - 100
Brave

Some kind of banner on slann (29)

OPTION 3 (bit of a kick)

3 Razadon's
3 Extra Handlers

Some Kind of banner on Slann (15)

#4 ·
Since no one else is having a go at this I will go again.

Option two is really the best BUT it needs to be altered somewhat. Instead of one unit of 10 change the camo skinks to two units of 6. Drop the brave from the terradons, he doesn't add enough to be justifiable, same pretty much goes for the stalkers.
With the points left over fill out the camos, more shots is more poison and poison is how they kill things.

#8 ·
salamanders are good but not my cup of tea, they can be very situational if you fight woc or ogres they really don't bring much to the table. I like to go almost full saurus if I can, I use 20 skinks in two units of 10 skirmishers but if not for poison I would never use them. Coldone riders are good in a pinch very expensive but good when you get the charge off and almost no drop in combat ability after the first round, very good at flanking and have good staying power.

#9 ·
I like to go almost full saurus if I can, I use 20 skinks in two units of 10 skirmishers...
I watched an interesting 2000 point Skaven vs Lizardmen game yesterday. Skaven had a level 4 mage, a Doomwheel, runners, etc. The Lizardmen army only had warriors and skinks, nothing else. The only independent character was a level 2 skink shaman. The Skaven player commented that his swarm army was outswarmed.

Sidewinder

#10 ·
People find it strange when I outnumber certain armies, I had a 1500 point battle against Orcs and Gobbos and I outnumbered them, he didn't have any trolls or monsters just night Goblins and Orc Bigun's. 1500 points -100 saurus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.