Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What types of armies can IG field, i mean obviously armoured Cav. infantry and what not, but what others?

i.e. Space marines, through various chapters, can field all terminator armies, all fastattack armies, personally I'm feilding an all scout army.

Basically what i want to know is, can i make a legal IG army based almost soly on tanks/armour? I don't really want to have to buy a hell of alot of squads, and then get chimerias for them, i'd rather just have a tank company. is such a thing legal???

·
Registered
131 Posts
The Armoured Company army list is/can be all tanks...I'd take at least one chimera with some stormtroopers, but leman russ tanks are a troops choice!!! It's in Chapter Approved 2002 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, so would an HQ be mounted in a battle tank by chance? any chance you remember what fast attack and heavy support become (well, HS probably big guns i suppose...)

I'll have to buy chapter approved then.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by BorninDarkness@Apr 21 2003, 15:35
yep, but I think chapter approved 2002 is out of print... it should be in some WD too I guess.
Wait, then how does one find rules then? I thought the whole idea behind chapter approved was so that you could always rely on them being around so you don't need to buy white dwarf?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
HQ can also be just about any battle tank (I'd take a vanquisher as HQ is BS4), but I can't give you the entire list (copyright and all)... good luck finding a copy of the book :) !

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yep the HQ in an Armoured Company is mounted in a vehicle, as are the Commisars. As elite you can add Tank Aces. For Fast Attack you have Reconnaissance Squadrons with the option to have Salamanders. Heavy support are support Tank Squadrons or Artillery Batteries.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i play a mainly infantry army annd i think that frankly, armour companys are way over-rated, u can get twice as many heavy weps for half the price with infantry, i always maim my friends tank army...always B)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think WD 236 has the armoured company rules. Forge world has many updates and add-ons in a PDF format in their downloads section. Or you can go to the "un-official" sites which just give you the list, or e-mail me for more information, but no direct links or copyrighted info. (see profile for e-mail address)

·
Lord of the Household
1,733 Posts
Wow... Who dug up this thread...? <_<

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.