Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have few questions regarding rules if anyone can help please.

1. If I have squad lets say sternguard for example and in the squad 3 guys have stormbolters and one guy has a heavy weapon (lascannon for example) - can I shoot my storm bolters at one infantry squad (within range) and shoot my lascannon at an advancing tank? Or does one squad have to focus all their fire at one squad.

2. Hellfire rounds - it says strength is X - it also says in it is '(poisoned) 2+' does this mean I just have to roll a 2 or more to wound? Also does it negate any saves?

3. If your enemy has a squad near you and they charge but they also have an independent character close enough to charge to - can they charge my squad with both their squad and independent character? If so do we do the assault in normal order (on initiative) but he attacks seperately with his squad and ind char and i get to strike back against both his squad and ind char (ie He rolls for his squad - then so do I, then he rolls for his ind char then i roll for my squad again against his ind char tis time)

Hope this all makes sense - these queries all came up in a battle on Tues :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am new to the game so I will try and answer to the best of my ability. I'm sure someone else will correct me if I'm wrong.

1)All members of a unit must fire at same target*ie. all at the tank OR all at the infantry*

2)Can't remember what brb says for a weapon in which there is no strength given but if the AP is 2+ then it would negate any armor saves of 2 or higher.

3)He can assault with both independent Character and squad. Assault done in order of initiative from greatest to least with units of equal intitiative being done at same time. You must alocate targets before rolling to hit. They can attack either his squad or his IC not both. Also only models in base contact or within 2" of a unit may attack that unit. the winner is decided on how many totall casualties are inflicted per side. If you have two inflicted to you and you manage to take out his IC and two of his squad then you won that round of combat and you opponet must make any applicable moral checks.

Hope I was of help

·
UnderWater Ninja-Tiger ..
785 Posts
#2. Refer to page 42; 5th Ed. BRB.

Poisoned 2+ means they will wound on a 2+ regardless of the STR and Toughness comparison chart.

These weapons still have their own AP value, and whether or not they ignore armor is determined normally.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys.

Another quick question - I am using the white scars chapter colour theme but not creating a fluff army (so gonna use tanks, dreadnought, honour guard etc)

my question is - i like look of marneus calgar but he is obviuosly ultra marine - is it considered taboo to paint the marneus figure in a different theme to ultrmarine perhaps give him a new name - a white scars hero for example - but still take on the abilities marneus calgar has?

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
Don't think anybody would care. They're YOUR models after all, paint them as you wish call them as you wish and follow the rules given and you should be fine:)

·
785 Posts
Yes, you can absolutely use the Calgar model, painting him in a White Scars theme. And use him as a 'counts as Calgar' imbuing him with all the rules that Calgar has.

The rule reference you might be looking for is on page 127; 5th Ed. SM: Codex. In the boxed area lower right hand side of the page, under the FOC.

·
The Future
4,848 Posts
my question is - i like look of marneus calgar but he is obviuosly ultra marine - is it considered taboo to paint the marneus figure in a different theme to ultrmarine perhaps give him a new name - a white scars hero for example - but still take on the abilities marneus calgar has?
I honestly don't know why you'd want to, he's MASSIVELY overpriced for any game smaller than 3000 points. But yeah, that's perfectly legal.

·
785 Posts
About wounding on 2+ remember the S of the gun is 3 when shooting against vechiles (Its under the sniper rules where says X = 3)
Unfortunately this is only true for weapons that are 'Sniper' types. Not all poisoned weapons have this designation. The OPs question is regarding the Hellfire Rounds which are not Sniper types.

Regardless, without Rending included, or some other rule. No S3 weapon will be able to harm any vehicles; IIRC there are no vehicles with AV less than 10.

·
The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss
2,841 Posts
i have a question that is unde the same thing as "count as". would it be okay for me to field a converted chaos lord as a "count as Khârn" and use Khârn in the same army?
No it wouldn't, I'm afraid. Check out the box at the bottom of P.91 Codex CSM. When something says "counts as", it means that the model/unit effectively *becomes* something else. Your "counts as" model means that you want to use Kharn's rules. You would therefore be using Kharn, even though it would not be the official model.

E.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.