Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
loves purple tyranids
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not a cron player, so I do not know what to do with his army. He understands the basics of the game but he always loses. Their is no other cron player in my club so he has nobody to go to. He has two squads of warriors, four flayed ones, the nightbringer, 6 destroyers, four immortals, one destroyer lord, and one lord. How should he play this out. I know I am asking a lot from you guys but he needs help.

-Thanks

·
No Life King
2,819 Posts
heh not a problem at all.

An Immortal squad is min 5, reasonably Immortals should be used 6+ in a squad.

If he has warriors he has scarabs, scarabs are good. by two squads I'm going to take he has 24-28 warriors. So roughly 6 scarab bases.

Destroyers put into 2 squads of 3.

in 1500pt or lower games, only field one HQ, they're expensive and not as cost effective as other units.

Necrons aren't really all that amazing in CC, even though they're claimed to be equivalent to SMs, this is untrue. Necron warriors are a good deal better at shooting then marines. however their low initiative makes CC a problem.
He should get at least two more immortals, and two more flayed ones to fill out those squads to a reasonable number. (6 of each)

Destroyers should generally be the main hand of a balanced Necron army, used to fly out and blast away the most threatening enemies. Immortals may also fill this role.

Warriors can march foreword and blaze away, but don't leave units out in the open, Necrons are tough, not invincible.

Flayed ones are a surgical assault unit, used to take out combat-weak enemies who would do harm with their firepower.

Scarabs are a fence unit. Used properly they can save a player by tying opposing units up in assault and dying.

·
LO Zealot
1,552 Posts
Hmmmm.... he sounds a bit like me several years ago. When I first started playing Necrons I lost almost every battle I fought, but I over came it by slowly learning good shooty / Necron strategy. Even if there is'nt another Cron player get another shooty army player to help him out: teach him what a firing lane is , how to make one, forcing a player in one.

List wise you should only ever use 1 HQ in lowish point necron games, forget the nightbringer just a simple res orb foot lord. Scarabs! 6 - 10 is a very very good choice for tying expensive enemy units up. Destroyers: 2 -3 squads at 1500 sqauds of 3 - 4 is best. Flayed ones... I don't usually use them (cause I need the extra slots for my habit of running 24 - 30 Immortals almost every game.)

I however think a good 1 - 2 units of 5 flayed ones are great for hitting as Alzer said cc prone units I.E. devi's and the whole kaboodle.

Fire power is the key to my army lists, Necrons can bring out a crippling amount of firepower if certain lists and tactics are used. They're firepower excels at singling out on a portion of the enemy army and completely smashing it into the ground. This is very effective at what I call breaking a enemy army (Imagine a wedge being force into a split of wood) taking out a section of the army so the other parts cannot function properly.

Hope I can help and tell him just to keep at it... it'll come in time.

·
loves purple tyranids
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much. I can only help him with as much as I know. He will appreciate this greatly. I'm sure he can do so much better with this info.:party:
thank you-SGL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts