Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been diving into my bits box lately and threw together a neat little chapter master from parts of my old neglected space marine army. I think he turned out pretty well and just wanted to see what you guys thought of him;)

Here he is...

Note the hand sculpted skull and decoration :)

So what do you all think?:soldier:

·
179 Posts
Magnificent figure - he will be a great leader for your troops. If I had one criticism it would be that the short cape is flowing a bit much - I think it should hang at a lower angle. Perhaps he should be on a higher base - some ruins or a vanquished foe, so that the huge hammer is at a good angle.

Cheers,
TOMB
(My Blog)

·
Registered
530 Posts
nice work, love the handcrafted skull

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all

I've made two bases for him, one he is on a large rock and is about to jump down and crush some Xenos scum, and another one is just a 60mm with simple basing (it's kinda high up though). I removed the mould lines and fixed up the cape a little. He shall lead the noble chapter... Sons Of Antaeus

I will make the grey a little lighter so you don't get confused between the black highlights and the grey. The ASons of Antaeus were founded in the cursed 21st founding and show up unexpectantly to aid imperial forces

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
Nice work! I like the colour scheme too. I'm surprised I haven't seen more shcemes that combine black and dark grey, because that looks really good.

The only thing is that the hammer arm is a bit big compared to the other. From the looks of it its an Assault Termie arm? Still it took me a little while to notice it, so it's not that much of a problem.

·
Aliens ate my soul.
1,413 Posts
Thats a nice head you used, any chance you could let us now where it came from?
Looks plastic.

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He has the head of a brettonian knight (the musician) I've finished the big base for him and am planning to prime him soon :D

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No! There is no chance of any pics of the base...

DAMN it's hard to be scarcastic while typing.

:p

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
Is it me, or does the face look like Mike Jagger? The hair and the pouting lips say it all...

But as a mini, I like it. There is a mouldline on the hammer arm that needs attention, and I'm not too sold on the underslung storm bolter? It looks a bit too cumbersome for my liking. But overall, a nice looking mini.

Kuffy

·
Big Damn Hero
292 Posts
I didn't see it before, but now you mention it... that's all I can see. It's ****! Sympathy for Horus.

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
God damnit. I guess he name is now, **** Jagger, chapter master of the Sons Of Antaeus. Earlier me and DTG were joking that if he had any longer hair, that he would look like Fabio:D

I've gotten rid or the mouldlines:)

·
is a hardcore rebel
793 Posts
God damnit. I guess he name is now, **** Jagger, chapter master of the Sons Of Antaeus. Earlier me and DTG were joking that if he had any longer hair, that he would look like Fabio:D

Aw I like fabio, but I soppose he does look like ****...

-DTG

·
Registered
203 Posts
The likeness is uncanny, I say you greenstuff some hair to make it even more apparent.

Nice conversion with the Dreadnought Storm bolter,

·
LO's resident Yowie
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is getting soooooooooooooo off topic! He is primed and painting will probly be finished by the end of the weekend:)

Duchie why in the name of the holy emporor of Terra would you do that??? That is just making him look silly :at-wits-end:

See yas later :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts