Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all, I have been playing a Bretonnian Army now for a little while and am going to enter a local Tournament of 2250. Here is the list:

Lord: Warhorse, Lance, Grail Shield, Mantle of the Damsel Elena, Ruby Goblet, Virtue of Heroism 262
Paladin: Grail Vow, Banner of the Lady, Warhorse, Virtue of Discipline 210
Damsel: Warhorse, x2 Dispel Scroll 130
Damsel: Warhorse, x2 Dispel Scroll 130
9x Knights Errant: FC, Errantry Banner 221
8x Knights of the Realm: FC, Banner of Chalons 192
7x Knights of the Realm: FC, War Banner 236
5x Knights of the Realm: 120
5x Knights of the Realm: 120
3x Pegasus Knights: 165
8x Grail Knights: FC, Banner of Defense
Trebuchet: 90

Now I will attempt to explain my choices:
In the first game I played (both of these were with Dark Elves) I took Grail Knights with the Banner of the Lady. This worked out so well that it is definately worth the points, just make sure to ignore Stubborn units. I also tried Questing Knights, This last game they ended up chasing shades and getting attacked by Warriors and getting destroyed. The other game they danced around and hit Cold Ones on the flank, chasing them down and doing nothing else. Both times I have lost guys to the fact that they hit last. Also the turn they charge the hit at the exact same stat line as KotR yet only hold their own after the second turn, striking last and usually dying. Pegasus Knights, expensive buggers. Have done their part but nothing to fantastic, reason kept really is mine were painted by my fiance and they look amazing :). I tried Men at Arms and Bowmen, both have done less than what I payed for them and that was next to nothing. I took 30 men at arms and the best part was it took the shooting away from my knights for 2 turns, yet were beaten by 5 Cold One Knights that were naked. Ridiculous. I will say that the Trebuchet hasn't done much either. It insta-killed a Cold One Chariot, but other than that scattered 8 inches 5 turns in a row. All in all I want all my units to move fast and move in unison. The treb will give me sometype of shooting that my army is sorely lacking and will give their flyers something to focus on so they dont march block me all game. Wish me luck and my goal is to not finish last! :)

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
What an awesome sight with so many knights! So many in fact that you might want to re-look at the addition - 8 KOR, FC, BoChalons would be 226. But, the total army list might total up correctly, since I did not do all the math...

And, I am a huge fan of the Banner of Chalons! I have used that many times charging a gunline only to see the their face when they declare a stand and shoot and find out they can't.

Also, a small unit of 10 skirmish bowmen is dirt cheap and can really detract the enemy from your knight units. I have gone with a short GK rank (2 in the last row, since he does not attack on a charge anyway) just to help pay for some.

Good luck!!

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
:D nice layout, get your calculator out and fix it!

id like to add a cold one chariot costs more than a trebu so there!

im really dissappointed about the questing knights, seem like not worth the effort :(
(i like the models more than the other cavalry)
i also love the men at arms models and i hear they work best in groups of 10 without command... just to attract attention while they pretend to protect the flank. Yes 'pretend' is the right word.. they will not make killls, theyre here for the tactics.

And im all with MDSW: never leave home without a small band of skirmish archers

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Calculators..

Haha I apologize the point totals might not be right because I start with all filled to 9 then I deduct as I need points so the total is correct but how I get there is a bit different than posted! Sorry!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.