Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Shire can't handle me
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I come this morning with some very exciting news.

On Friday the 24th, we see the Advance Order of four new Tyranid plastic kits, and the release of March's White Dwarf. For those who haven't seen the piccies yet, here's JVK to show you the link.

Below are the links for pictures from brueckenkopf-online courtesy of Von Dennis so all kudos to him.

Tyranofex
Tervigon
Hive Tyrant/Swarmlord
Winged Hive Tyrant

Space Wolves vs Tyranids Battle Picture 1

JvK B)
So, what do you think of the new kits? Some new Space Wolf stuff is coming too, so I'm sure they'd be just as thrilled as us, as they haven't had an update since their release... or so I can remember.

Post away, fellow members of the Great Devourer!

The Warlord
:terror:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh...my...god... the models for the Tervigon and Tyrannofex are everything I could have ever dreamed of... the same for the Winged Hive Tyrant. Very excited for the release of these kits.

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
OMG! Just frickin awesome. Now if only GW could've came out with these 1 year ago.... !#>?%@!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks like they are also converting a lot of the old metal models to Finecast as well (Death Leaper, Old One Eye, The Red Terror, etc..). Not particularly excited about this... especially since the price of the Finecast Biovore is going up to around $41. For that price, it should come as a brood of 3 like the Warriors/Raveners.

·
1,648 Posts
I'm a bit iffy on the size of the Tervigon/Tyrannofex and I don't think these two kits look utterly fantastic.

Winged Tyrant I really like.

Either way, I won't be buying any of these models. I have everything I need converted up already.

·
Shire can't handle me
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Swarmlord looks pretty awesome, I agree. However, my converted one looks almost identical... all they really did is make his head spike flat and his swords sharp.

I've been waiting for this release, so I'll be getting at least two Tervigon/Tyrannofex kits. Winged Hive Tyrant will be included too.

·
Shire can't handle me
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OMG! Just frickin awesome. Now if only GW could've came out with these 1 year ago.... !#>?%@!
We wished, but Santa came late... only about one and a half years late... you've got to give him some leeway though ;)

·
I am a free man!
4,941 Posts
More like two years too late. Too bad for GW, but they won't get any more money out of me for 'nid models. I've long had all I need.

·
663 Posts
More like two years too late. Too bad for GW, but they won't get any more money out of me for 'nid models. I've long had all I need.
Too true. I am not really thrilled with buying 4 more monstrous creatures to replace the once that i already have.

·
1,648 Posts
Too true. I am not really thrilled with buying 4 more monstrous creatures to replace the once that i already have.
So then don't. Conversions are perfectly legal to use.

GW made an idiot move, especially since so many people out there either:

A) Converted their own
B ) Bought indepentent source mod kits (such as Chapterhouse, etc)
C) Proxied the Carnifexes they no longer use

I really don't see how GW is going to make much of a profit off of these.

Same goes for the Thunderwolf Cavalry (which look like utter crap IMO....almost all of the independent sources I've seen look so much better). For the price of the kit, might as well by the resin models that others have produced. They're not too much more expensive and look a lot cooler.

Honestly I think GW really screwed themselves with this upcoming set of releases.

·
663 Posts
I don't plan on buying them. I may get the larger bases to be legal but other then that GW did drop the ball with this.

On a side note, I also have Space Wolves and like their new models. I may get them...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I agree 100% with hockeyman. Love the Flyrant but I'm not to sure on the Tervigon/Tyrannofex. I like my 3 converted Carnifexs with the CH conversion set for my Tervigons way better. Will be buying the Tyrant sets though.....damn GW is still getting my money this month. Lol

·
1,648 Posts
Being new, I'll probably buy them. Not the flying tyrant but the trevigon/tyrannofex.
Well people that are new definitely will probably be buying most of the kits.

But for those of us that have been playing Tyranids the last 2 years or so......yeah....they're not getting much money from us (none from me).

·
Hive Fleet Pandora
5,068 Posts
The reason for the "delay" in releasing the tyranid kits (as well as the TWC models) is a lawsuit that was going on against Chapterhouse. But I guess that suit is finally resolved and GW can now make them available.

I would buy the tervigon/t-fex models. I like how they look. The Swarmlord I already have and it looks quite good. The flyrant I've got the forgeworld model so I think I'm good there.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I plan on getting one of each. A plastic Flyrant is an absolute dream and will finally accompany my 30 plastic gargoyles and I shall see about magnetising the other kit...

·
Registered
747 Posts
The busting-out gaunt, gets the Terv my top vote !

I haven't played Nids for quite some time, but I just may need to kick-start Hivefleet Grissom again ...

:coffee: :liquor:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts