Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I confess - I'm going to rant a little (I promise only a little). I am not satisfied with the limited options available for vehicle choices in the IG and SM lines (Those are what I play most). I realize that an infinite number of models for either would not be feasable or practicle - plus Citadel and GW encourage customization and personalization - hense my primary love...conversions. [end of rant]

What are the IG and SM armies lacking? Is there a vehicle (including Sentinel/dreadnaught types, or fliers) that could be made to fill that void? To date, I have made a Command vehicle using two Rhinos put together for an SM HQ vehicle. I have made Rapid Assault Vehicles for the IG as fire support. I am also working on a plan to create a Thunderhawk type transport/support craft for a lot less $$$ than the standard package deal.

I love the challenge of creating new vehicles. What other needs are out there for the IG or SM?

Just for kicks...I have pics of my Taurus IFSV (infantry firs support vehicle) in the IG section of the LO gallery. It resembles a Hydra - though not meant to. I built it using a chimera base, doubled the track width, used a sentinel ****pit as the turret, and used plastistruct tubing to allow the twin linked co-axial Lascannons and Auotcannons to rotate. The hull mounted HB was replaced with a pintle mounted bolter - yes, bolter, not HB or Storm (it also has a restricted field of fire - 90 deg front arc only)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I can't really thinkg of anything any of them really need, except perhaps a small, bike or buggy-like, vehicle for the IG. But really, the ranges are quite complete as far as tactical choices go, any more would be mostly cosmetic.

·
Registered
402 Posts
The IG have huge range of tanks etc compared to some races tau only have 2 tanks , HH and DF.Tyranids only have Carnifexes and Hive Tyrants,and so the list goes on. Compared to most armies IG have great choice in Tanks IMO

tygra

1 - 4 of 4 Posts