Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the demise of 5[SUP]th[/SUP] ed I’m putting on my rose-tinted glasses and looking optimistically at the coming changes to Chaos in 2012. The release of 40k 6[SUP]th[/SUP] ed is really making me nostalgic as it reminds me of 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] ed. I truly love the return of the “heroic story-telling” aspect of the game, and the return of a serious psycher aspect is also refreshing. The sooner we can jettison our current weak and bland codex, the better.

Over the next few months, please please please illustrious members of the Chaos persuasion, please use your minds to explore the various interesting and unique ways that our forces could be used. Is it possible to:
- Field an ‘elite-ish’ Chaos army (like Deathwing or Grey Knights)?
- How about a fast moving mounted force (like Ravenwing or White Scars)?
- How about the Demon bomb?
- Or tank spam (Preds, Vindis, souped-up Rhinos, LRs)?
- What about Chaos Monster lists (Princes w/ Dreads and Defiler spam)?
- Viable lists that don’t use cult troops?
- Chaos airforce (as many ‘winged’ and jump troops as you can)?
- A “No Rhino” army?
-etc…

Let’s get away from our current single ‘cookie-cutter’ list:
x2 lash princes
msu dual plas, pm units in rhinos
oblit spam

</sigh>

and get back to the incredible variety and uniqueness that used to be what drew me to Chaos in the first place.

Your faithful & obedient servant,

Lord Sir Happymeal Sr Esq III of Lower Warpborough, Ba.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Glory to Chaos my friend! I hope i'll be soon able to field a force including various monstrosities like chaos spawns mixed up with deamons, cultists and CSM all along, and still be competitive!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
:) Thank you for saying what I have been feeling for a long time. In my last 5th Ed game with Chaos I did have a little fun with it and dropped a unit of 20 lesser daemons on my opponent. It was great fun, they killed a lot of bugs and almost won me the game, I am looking forward to seeing how well the new Daemon rule with Fear will work out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts