Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a difficult question. Many players are Prefer top rated crossbow over Thunderers, and who can blame them since they are 2 points less expensive, have a larger range, and have the same strength. Personally, I believe thunderers are the "cooler" unit, and the +1 to hit at close range and increased armour penetration make them quite formidable - however at 14 points (which is 6 points more than an empire handgunner), it's a steep price to pay. The same can be said about Crossbows, which cost more than their imperial equivalents.
In any case, I can see the apparent benefits of either sort of ranged weapon, but I'm stumped as to which is the superior option. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it depends a lot on how you play, especially because crossbows can move or fire whereas thunderers can move and fire.
What I'd appreciate is feedback from those who have used these troops and their thoughts on how they performed on the battlefield, as well as one should be picked over the other.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts