Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
The Prism Cannon doesn't scatter. Think of it like a really nasty plasma cannon. Roll to hit, place the template, bob's your uncle. Or something like that.

As for guide,I'm quite sure it only allows you to re-roll misses. I'd have to go rustle up my codex to be sure though.

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
First question, Fire prism doesn't scatter - it just uses the large blast marker, like the tau submunitions shot.
As for guide it only allows you to re-roll failed to hit rolls.

·
378 Posts
Mmmm... with the rumor that all blast weapons won't need to hit but will scatter like orndnance in 5th edition, what do you guys think will happen to the twin-linked in the combined shot?

·
Registered
131 Posts
If 5th ed comes to fruition (which i both hope it will not and doubt it will anytime soon) Twin Linked weapons with blasts will probably get to re-roll the scatter dice to try and get a hit...

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
If 5th ed comes to fruition (which i both hope it will not and doubt it will anytime soon) Twin Linked weapons with blasts will probably get to re-roll the scatter dice to try and get a hit...
That's what I expect. When you cast guide on d-cannons, for example, they get to reroll the scatter dice. Twin-linked blast weapons are likely to be the same.

·
Registered
196 Posts
As to your second question, actually look closely at the entry for guide. It says nothing about specifically re-rolling FAILED to-hit rolls. To compare, look at the doom entry, it says you can reroll failed to-wound rolls. It makes no such distinction in the entry for 'guide'.

·
Sparta!
1,438 Posts
As to your second question, actually look closely at the entry for guide. It says nothing about specifically re-rolling FAILED to-hit rolls. To compare, look at the doom entry, it says you can reroll failed to-wound rolls. It makes no such distinction in the entry for 'guide'.
Um, no. I have no idea what you are reading, but guide specifically mentions failed to-hit rolls.
"This unit re-rolls any failed to hit rolls made in that turn's shooting phase."
p28, Guide, 3rd sentance, Eldar Codex.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Um, no. I have no idea what you are reading, but guide specifically mentions failed to-hit rolls.
"This unit re-rolls any failed to hit rolls made in that turn's shooting phase."
p28, Guide, 3rd sentance, Eldar Codex.
I'm sorry, I didn't have my codex in front of me at the time and I was thinking of the wrong one. Doom is the one that doesn't specify failed to wound rolls. That is the one that simply states "all hits caused upon that unit gain a re-roll to wound until the start of the next Eldar turn." So for instance, in the upcoming edition, units with rending against a doomed opponent could re-roll even successful wounds while trying to get more rending wounds in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts