Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could a Space Marine fall in love? Could he, by some miracle, meet on the battlefield a Sister of Battle in her sexy black power armour and nearly get shot to death because of his fantasies of her? Could he ask her out on a date when he's not training, (not that he'd ever have a moment of not training longer than 15 minutes, but you get the idea)? It was just a silly point in my fluff I'd love to make, but then, maybe it's impossible to love something besides the Emperor... maybe Love can even overcome hypno-psychotherapy or whatever it's called.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
i doubt it and he couldnt get any lovin anyway...he doesnt have any equipment. and im not talking about a bolter or power armour.

·
Registered
696 Posts
..........wow I didnt know tha marines doesnt hafve his...hmmm...."power weapon" :lol: but how do they go to bathroom then? :blink:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Now where did you get that Salamander, jeez.
Nothing gets removed when a man goes in to be trained as a Space Marine, why would they? The parts are still required. ;)

I don't think they could actually fall in love tho, I think (Damn romantic side) that its possible in a long shot kinda way, but no, not normally, they have all sorts of training for battle and I don't think 'love' and 'compassion' and all those other warm and fuzzy emotions would factor in, in fact they would be repressed I'd bet. :)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True, but that's just the old idea: In a universe of billions of trillions of people, a world of thousands of marines and Sisters, hundreds of them fighting the enemy side-by-side, maybe one or two would spring up? Doesn't even have to be two-way, just a marine finding a woman damn attractive... you never know what could slip through the psycho-treatment.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry if this is old news, I didn't know. Where's the first post to talk about it?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I've no idea, I can't remember if it was a separate thread or something that came up in another topic. But I'll give you the same answer to your question: SM do not fall in love. Yes, they have all their equipment, but with all the hypno-therapy and what-not they have no feelings for women (or men for that matter ;) ).

*Some minutes later...
I found a thread about it, but it's largely BS. Here it is anyway. I still have the feeling I had an intelligent discussion about that...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Dude That would so Suck to have your weboz taken durring training. About them lovin, I dont know, maybe some chapters who are segrigated from the imperium (outcasts) have to aprocriate to continue filling there ranks. Hard to say but its an interesting idea. For fluff reasons you would have to have a good explination as to how they fell in love, thats a bit o fluff i wouldnt mind seeing to see how you explained it

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, the fluff wasn't THAT valuable anyways... but it would've been a nice thing for inspiration later on.

But if Space Marines have all that training to resist such things, wouldn't that make it damn hard for Slaanesh to seduce some marines for him/her/itself?

EDIT: Nevermind, there's always the lust after power... But why'll we're on that note, if a space marine is in some ways vunerable to seduction, perhaps it could still happen even by someone NOT of Chaos origin.

·
1,019 Posts
Heehee.
Imagine a Space Marine/Siters Of Battle joint operation. During one of the rest cycles a Space Marine jogs up next to a SoB.

"Oh Lucy wait up"

"Yes Karthellan?"

"I was wondering...ermm..if you werent busy later..."

"Ill be defending the outpost against the enemies of the Emperor."

"Oh, well yeah i kinda figured. But AFTER that."

"Well...il propably be shipped to the next battlefield...why?"

"Well i was kinda wonderin if you'd like to do something...sorta."

"Like bolter firing drills?"

"If thats what you want...sure some firing drills. And maybe some foodbars!"

"Well...im kinda busy...But ok, can never have enough firing drills!"

"So tomorrow around seven?"

"Noted."

"Okey, g-bye!"

*sister salutes and walks off*

"Why cant i just ask her out?!"

*slams helmeted head against wall, and sighs the deep long sigh of a marine in love.*

"Well back to the defensive lines."

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Heh-heh, hey, ya never know, right? ;)

·
Registered
857 Posts
Awesome! I could really run with that, fluff-wise! "Bolter firing drills!" What a laugh! And then you could get some really suggestive lines, like "Line up the muzzle with the target," and "OK big boy, drill me!"

Also: where the hell did that conversion come from, Babel? And where can I get one?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I wonder why you posted the twice. Nope, I'm not laughing.

As for Slaanesh seducting them, there's always some weakness, Slaanesh managed to twist their yearning for perfection into a yearning for pleasure.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How very fiendish Slaanesh is.... big shock there. ;)

Anyhoo, thanks everybody, this thread is pretty much done.

·
Registered
74 Posts
They might if they get affected by chaos and the psycho treatment wears off or the marine suffers some horrors that the treatment gets erased.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.