Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
no and it aint wise - multi meltas are quite short range, as anti tank weapons they work best under 12 inches, to get to that range you are gonna have to move, to fire the MM you are gonnahave to stay still, why bother? las cannons and MLs have far better range

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Cheredanine said:
Might want to go browse through that Codex again Cheredanine, it's quite legal.

Thing is though, it's not a very good tactic for the above reasons. You have to get within 12" of your target to be truly effective, and spent considerable time moving there (and so you won't be able to fire unless you spend a turn just sitting there waiting for the MM to get ready).

And if your counting on your opponent to take his vehicles to you....your opponent must be an idiot. Lascannon and meltas are what you need for these rolls.

·
Registered
400 Posts
just never mount MMs on anything which can't move 12" and fire at the same time...that's just about the only way to effectively use multi-meltas, tho its legal to mount on tac marines.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have found the melta and multi-melta tactical squad quite effective myself. However, I do keep them small (6 models) and give them infiltrate, which I find more than makes up for their short range.

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
gen.nehring said:
definetly use multi meltas. They're gangster!

lol, i just dont like the missile launcher.
Haha gangster if you like to be shot at ;)

It is not effective. MMs would only take possibly if you dropped or infil them. Normally, walking no. I'd go for attack bikes or speeders all the way.

·
Registered
178 Posts
hmmm

Multi-meltas in a normal tactical squad is perfeerctly legal 10points and you have a assain and a tank hunter besides it has a range of 24'' and can easily kill tanks and charcters in one shot. When i used one it melted away 2 scarabs and a monoloth (with help!) a excellent replacement for a tactical member and better than a bolter!.

·
Registered
396 Posts
yeah, it kills retarded tanks better than a lascannon. and what, you managed to roll a 6 on that multi-melta shot against the monolith, cause you dont get the extra die.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Gona have to add my weight to the No side of things.

As has been mentioned, the problem comes in the fact that with its short range (may as well be 12" as between 12" and 24" its no better then a missile launcher really and has less range) and the fact thats its a heavy weapon, the only time you will get a decent shot off with it is if your oponent is quite stupid.

I meen really, if someone moved a multi-melta within 12" of one of your tanks, would you keep the tank there? I hope not.

Melta guns however, are fantastic and I highlly recommend them. The assulat attribute of the weapon makes it viable. The heavier multi-melta is only worth it on things that can move and fire in the same turn.

·
Registered
178 Posts
hmm

Why doent you get the extra die for a monoloth? if its true then my bad thats one monolith that hadnt died! is it some necron fancy rule? My Bad!

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Yes, it is a fancy necron rule called living metal that the monolith has. NO special effects work on it. No extra dice (like rending), No multiple dice (like meltas) No strength doubling (like powerfists) and no strength bonuses (like tank hunters). Except for maybe one or 2 exceptions, whenever you attack a monolith, you use base strength plus 1d6 and thats it.

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
Hmm... I don't know if this is the best place to bring this up, but I could have sworn that Living Metal only worked against abilities that grant extra dice, or add to the penetration score... A power fist, for example, works because it doesn't add to the penetration of the Monolith, just adds to the model's strength... Well, whatever. I'm sure if I search around, I can find a good answer to this.

But don't use Multi Meltas on a Tactical Marine... Yeah, they may be Gangster, but that's not really a good thing now is it?:rolleyes: I mean... Who wants a Marine that can't run because his pants are too baggy?:tongue:

They just aren't effective, unless the tanks are going to drive right at you, and even then, I'd rather have a Lascannon or Missile Launcher...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Personally, I say, no.
But if you really want an ap 1 or melta weapon fielded, then go with the meltagun; a beauty, and man does it pack a punch!:shifty:

HPA

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
Firedrake28 said:
Hmm... I don't know if this is the best place to bring this up, but I could have sworn that Living Metal only worked against abilities that grant extra dice, or add to the penetration score... A power fist, for example, works because it doesn't add to the penetration of the Monolith, just adds to the model's strength... Well, whatever. I'm sure if I search around, I can find a good answer to this.
nope, in the necron dex it says all attacks use their unaugmented strength... meaning that a dreadnought is S6 against a lith :p An assault cannon cant touch one, a melta weapon only ever gets 1D6, against lance weapons it keeps its armour 14.

so basically, its near impossible to kill except with a railgun :yes:

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
gen.nehring said:
nope, in the necron dex it says all attacks use their unaugmented strength... meaning that a dreadnought is S6 against a lith :p An assault cannon cant touch one, a melta weapon only ever gets 1D6, against lance weapons it keeps its armour 14.

It doesn't say anything about Augmented strength...:(

Maybe I can find this in the FAQ? *looks*

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
gen.nehring said:

With all due respect, you are wrong.
The attacks which are effected by the living Metal rule are:
1. Those which count the target's armour value as less than it is (IE lance weapons).
2. Weapons which get additional Armour Penetration dice (IE meltas, chainfists, Monstrous Creatures).

All others are unaffected. This includes Power Fists attacks, the 2d6 then discard of Ordnance (specifically mentioned), the +1 to armour penetration from Tank hunters (this last is because it doesn't add an extra dice).

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Corianis said:
All others are unaffected. This includes the +1 to armour penetration from Tank hunters (this last is because it doesn't add an extra dice).
Sorry, but your wrong here. It has been specifically FAQed that Tankhunters does not work against the Monolith.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts