Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering guys, since I dont have my rulebook handy, with the new tyranid rules is it possible to have at least 90% of my army arrive via deepstrike, and is this viable? if I took a couple of lictors and a death leaper of course, oh and I usually play 3000-4000 points a side with two force organization charts.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
IMHO yes, it is. Remember that some units don't require Spores, such as Genestealers, so you can shave off some points that way. I'd probably add in a mix of Trygons and Mawlocs, as they pack a real punch as DSers. Trygon Primes double as Synapse, so three Trygon Primes and Three Mawlocs sound like a great way to start off such a list. Each trygon will set you back the cost of a Land Raider if you also give them Adrenal Glands, a ittle more if you give them Regenerate. The Mawlocs are cheaper.
To that, I'd probably add six Harpies with TL Heavy Venom Cannons, giving you nice Long range firepower. And since they are flying MCs, cheap for what they are, they can go in and kick some in melee.
That would fill your Heavy Support and Fast Attack slots, but you've still got around half the points you mentioned for elites, troops and headquarters. Just remember that you want those bonuses to your reserve rolls, and fill out the rest.

·
Registered
288 Posts
You can have all of your army DS or come from reserves.

If it is viable, I am not sure. We can DS/reserve a lot of our goodies but it eats up points to do so and some of our good units (Tervigon, hive guard) cannot get spore pods. Trygon holes can accomodate infantry so that helps if you dont want everything droping by spore.

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
I've been building lists on this purpose. I've divided the list in 2 parts.
part one:
2 harpy's
1 flyrant
1 parasite
20 gargoyles
2 squads of genestealers
1 tervigon

part two:
2x2 spore podding pryovore's
1 spore podding doom of malan'tai
1x10 spore podding termagants
2x5 spore podding warriors

This is about 3k.
And I think this will be my new list, lots of cool new conversion options and my ork opponent will have something to kill instead waiting for troops against an all ds list:p

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, just wanted to see if it was legal, going to make a post in the army list section in a minute or two, make sure to check it out XD

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
Sure. I'm waiting with posting until I have the codex in my hands:p Just started converting models, just because I love working on it!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sure. I'm waiting with posting until I have the codex in my hands:p Just started converting models, just because I love working on it!
On that topic, how are you going about converting your bonesword for the warriors? i was just going to use scything talons except paint them with lightning effects. unless theres a way that can actually be a sword XD

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
Still thinking about that one. Maybe sculp them from greenstuf, maybe take regular swords and fit them on. But I won't be doing it the regular way since my warriors each have 6 legs (pictures coming up is soon as figure out how my dads ancient cam works:p).

I think sculpting them will my option, probably based around a metal wire...

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've thought about taking the scything talons, cutting the weapon part off and flipping it around, and maybe sharpening the fat side. A little touching up, and the could make good swords.

·
240 Posts
You may want to wait.. GW has announced that they will be releasing an 'options sprue' (I think that's what they called it) in February which will have Boneswords for Warriors (as well as a lot of other goodies if rumors can be believed)

-Dragons

*edit.. Oops.. NOT announced by GW.. Rumor on Warseer that I got stuck in a corner of my brain...

mia culpa!

-D

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
Hmm, not counting on GW to build them though it would be very profitable for them... But it might take a year before the rest of the army is done, so with a bit of luck we'll do just fine!

·
240 Posts
not counting on GW to build them.. Not because they won't or because they won't be AWESOME.. but... but...

I WANT THEM NAO!!!

<ahem>

so I'll be building/sculpting mine..

-Dragons

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anyway, just to get it rolling, im going to post some pics that I think are inspirational for the pod, anyone who wishes to follow suite feel free to do so ^^
http://scrapetv.com/News/News Pages/usa/images-3/Nomura-jellyfish-3.jpg <--- that is one big jellyfish..look at the man!
http://bunkstrutts.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/hidako_1_pink-tentacle080124.jpg <---think that but scaly and upside down.
but what Im thinking is more of an egg, that is rigid on impact but then splits, to reveal genestealers, hourmogaunts and fexes alike, when they are out, a fleshy head pops from the bottom toting a weaopn of its choice and a couple of tentacles for good measure. but thats how I will be modelling mine XD

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
Damn, that's the good stuff. Kinda like how I wanted to do mine. Could you give me a description on what you did in what order?

·
Bugs'r us!
1,242 Posts
Haha, this was just the bit of extra info I needed. Already had a picture in my head on how it's supposed to look, this just gives me an idea on how to work part of it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts