Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting my Witch Hunters up and I have a quick question, do all Battle Sisters have white hair? Just out of curosity as they are all depicted with white hair save a few.

·
Registered
118 Posts
well, battle sisters do have hair colors like normal people. So you can find some witch are dark hair or blonde.
white is just so cool!! It make a nice contrast with the fig, and shows clearly the hairs (a female signature).

·
Registered
962 Posts
That white hair does not work for me.

THey have very youthful faces, which is incongruent with white hair. It's an interesting stylistic choice, but it just doesn't seem to accomplish anything (IMHO). I also don't like how the big drawing looks so much like Debbie Harrey from Blondie.

YOu will probably be most plased if you choose random hair colors.
SOB models are very limited in their poses, so anything that adds human individuality to them will be something you were glad that you did.

·
307 Posts
Actually black hair all round is the Sisters archetype, or at least uniform hair colour. It's part of their whole 'Nuns with guns' ethos. Individuality and concern with personal appearance is not important. Instead presenting an impressive front to cow the enemy and show your devotion to the Emperor is what is important. My large Sisters army has black hair all round. I just presume they dye it.

The reason they look like Blondie is because of the pale face and bob haircut. This is part of the whole Nun thing. Nuns cover themselves up, so are pale-skinned, and they aren't bothered about their hair. Bear in mind that real medieval Nuns shaved their heads under that wimple (the Nun headgear).

If I wanted a genuinely 'feminine' army instead of a bunch of ascetic fanatics (which is what the Sororitas are) then I would collect a Guard army based off of the Escher gangers from Necromunda. These are warlike women who are nevertheless still consciously women. The Sisters represent an ideal of devotion, a female one. We in our world so habitually tie up women with their sexuality that we find it hard to comprehend that there may be people who do not see this as important. The Sisters are female, but not sexual.

They also don't look youthful to me. Their dour and fierce expressions look more like those of hardened veterans. I think of my Sisters as being mainly in their thirties and forties age-wise (Imperial juvenat processes likely mean that some may be far older). The smooth skin of their faces is due to a good diet, no tanning and regular exercise. Women in our society chronically ignore such things and so age prematurely.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
hs5ias said:
The reason they look like Blondie is because of the pale face and bob haircut.
Really? I thought it was because the artist copied a picture of Debbie Harry out of an old Rolling Stone he had lying about and put her in power armour. ;) That's certainly what it looks like to me.

I think they can have whatever hair you like. Mine are sort of celtic so they have red, dark or (rarely) blonde hair, mostly dark.

Also there are a million worlds in the imperium and the sisters are orphans from these worlds. People in 40k can have genetic variations unknown to us. For example you could have waterworld sisters with greenish skin and blue hair, or nightworld sisters with white skin and red eyes, just about anything. If navigators and ratlings are tolerated by the imperium because they're useful then I'm sure any hair colour is OK on battle sisters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts