Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i play witchunters primarily and recently took to feilding a large number of inducted guard (a mix of catachans, cadians, vostroyans i even got a couple of kreig's [don't ya just love the inquisition we take who we want from where we want and arm them how we want 8Y ])

anyway i'm gettin a lil bored so thought i'd give the guard a more primary role and with catachans outnumbering my other guard models 4-1 jungle fighters it is, the catachan rules in the book don't feel right to me and it's rather hard to attain the feel of the deathworld denezins from the doctrine system but i found some sweet rules on the gw site

so a few questions

1) is it legal the pda dosn't say one way or the other

2) would any of you have a problem vs it (i know i have about as much chance of getting people to play the jungle rules as waking up tommorow in the middle of the atlantic ocean but the list seems to work without them just have to hope for a few forests)

3) would it be considered unfair if i covered the lists a-t weakness using allied witch hunters

4) any general comments/tips about the list in general

·
Registered
668 Posts
1) is it legal the pda dosn't say one way or the other
I'm pretty sure it isn't tourney legal, but don't take that as God's honest truth. I'm assuming it's one of those "always ask your opponent first if it is okay" kind of lists.

2) would any of you have a problem vs it (i know i have about as much chance of getting people to play the jungle rules as waking up tommorow in the middle of the atlantic ocean but the list seems to work without them just have to hope for a few forests)
I personally think it'd be cool to play against a list I've never seen in action before. Plus if you wanted to get deep with it, you could structure a series of games where your Deathworld fellows are doing their jungle badass thing against some specifically overpowered units. Like um... a squad of your deathworld guys against some lictors (Predator anyone?)

3) would it be considered unfair if i covered the lists a-t weakness using allied witch hunters
I think that fluff-wise, it makes sense for the WH to ally with Catachans. What if there is some big cult den on a deathworld? Everyone knows the Catachans are the best when it comes to those environments, so I'd assume they get called up a lot for things like that. However when it comes to the Deathworld Vets rules, I'd assume that a veteran who makes his living by being really sneaky would be very irked if his excellent fieldcraft was spoiled because an Exorcist and a couple of Rhinos with SoBs were a couple yards behind him. So what I'm trying to say is, it seems very much out of place. The cool thing about Deathworld Vets is they have to make due with what they have and use the jungle like a weapon as well. In table terms, this probably means staying the hell in cover and hoping that the tanks get close enough to melta or melta bomb.

4) any general comments/tips about the list in general
The rules look really cool, and like I said before, I think they work best and would be the most fun if you built a narrative around it, and in small point games. Although it'd be neat to have a 2000 point deathworld veterans army, there just wouldn't be enough forest/jungle terrain on a table to make it effective. Although I guess that's a narrative in itself, the commander sees how well they fight in jungles and assumes they'll fight just as well on a polar ice cap.

I especially like the rules about their snipers. Slick.

·
Registered
610 Posts
If you are using Catachans as inducted troops then you would not be able to use any doctines at all, you are only allowed to use the basic IG list. Codex Catachans is no longer a legal list in that Codex Imperial Guard superceeds it, traits for Catachans are at the back, but like I say you cannot use doctrines in an Inquisitor list.

·
Registered
302 Posts
i dont think you will have any problems with using the witch hunters as well, no one can fault you for trying to balance your army out a bit more.
:happy:

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
Noooo
you lot dont understand, it's Plague, it is just a cunning plan to get more flamers

:)
hi mate
as above, list is not tourney legal in most cases, the tree thing got some flack as being unfair, but not really compared to say kroot.
Plus you always have the option of using codex legal list for those odd occasions when you cant use DW

1. (check - see above)
2. nope, be fine with me
3. what? a couple of exrocists? surely not!, well it is legal, but not entirely fluffy, somehow long range missile launchers dont go with jungle fighters
4. It has good and bad points, you need to get close but get too close and you are dead

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay i can understand the guard players getting the allie system wrong but chery hang your head in shame you should know exorcists would be illegal seeing as they're heavy support

allies would be 2 units of battle sisters with heavy flamer and flamer and a unit of domminions prob 6 with 2 meltaguns

and yeah the heavy flamer armed guard who can waltz through forests without penalty appeals to my pyro nature

although the temptaion to feild an inquisiter as allied hq with a team of 3 deathcult assasins sounds pretty good (after all what self respecting deathworld wouldn't have at least one deathcult?")

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.