Librarium Online Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
2,642 Posts
I wonder if there is a condition where you are compelled to start something, but never finish it because something newer, better and more shiny comes along? I suffer from it all the time
I call it "bright and shiny syndrome" and usually suffer from it myself. It is only by some miracle and through sheer force of will that I'm staying focused on my own army project without letting my attention wander.

Andus, sir - this is amazing work. Can't wait to see the finished product.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Nice. I see that you're on LO, but I can't quite tell which forum. :p

I know what you mean about dedicating a model to a different chaos legion, and then, from nowhere, Nurgle sticks his grimy hands in the gears, and suddenly, it's 'Nurgled.' He's a very greedy god. Last night, he visited my bathroom and refused to leave until I dedicated my toilet in his honor.

As for your titan's feet, hooves are an excellent choice. Might I recommend using small plastic Easter eggs. They seem to be the right dimensions and size.

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Small plastic easter eggs you say:) Well it takes a bunny to know what they are really for, so I guess I better give it a try:)

Oh, and I am at LO (surprise!) and most probably it's the "New Posts" that is floating around on my screen. If it only was updating itself I'd use it as a screensaver I guess.

Last night, he visited my bathroom...
Oh, you rabbits and your droppings. He might have mistaken them for Nurglingeggs;)

And though I suffer from the "nice and shiny syndrome" I am not really in a position to indulge. I am, how ever, indulging in all them other syndromes. If you name it...I probably suffer from it. Worst is the "oh but there's a half thought through idea I must try out by ripping bits from other projects syndrome".
Also the "late starter but early quitter syndrome" can mess my life up from time to time.
Gah, I'll get me a cup of coffe and indulge some more:)

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The Nurglification has begun.
I have added some greenstuff details to the top part and the exhaustpipes.
It is supposed to look like if the metal has been breached by the pipes as they grew out from the daemonic being within the metal hull, but at the moment it's not all that obvious. Once the GS has cured properly I'll cut the edges and I hope that'll make quite some difference.
The pipes has been given some veins too. I'll add some chains to them in a later state.
Enough words, here are the pics:)

You can see the first eye bursting out from the metal too. I think there might be more coming later.
Once the curing is done I'll sand the veins down a bit and make sure they are all stuck to the pipes. Then I'll move on to the main body/torso and as easter is closing in, I'll go on an egg quest with my family.

Laters folks:)
And as always CC is mighty welcome.

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
Looking good buddy, though I think I'd like to see larger sections of metal peeling away from where the exhaust things have burst through, as they are fairly large in comparison to the rest of the torso, it seems like they should be a fairly obvious addition.

Maybe something like having them as the spines of a beast that has literally burst forth from the center of the Knight's body, as if one of the pilots was possessed by something that is far too large for the space available to grow in?

Also, perhaps you could make them a little more irregular? They all seem to be about the same height and width as it is, which makes them seem a little less 'natural', as it were. Perhaps have the rear pair slightly shorter, and beef up the ones at the front so they are bulkier?

Just some food for thought, it's looking pretty gross as it is!

-t.

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Good point there -t:)
I will make some bigger metal-pieces from plasticard later, thanks for pointing it out.
The pipes are a bit different in height already but a lot of it goes missing in the pics.
I'll ponder this a bit more, might need to make it more obvious...

Thanks a lot for the good ideas and sharp observations mate.

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
It's been just a little done to this model for the last couple of days.
I found a bunch of old SpaceMarines lying around and I thought I'd paint them up to sell on eBay. But (as always) once I've started looking at them and repositioning them (they are secondhand models from quite the bargain a while back) I started thinking about making them into a little army. Thought I had what was needed.
So I started looking on eBay for reference prices when I saw so many cheap models that I thought I could strip and add to this little army of mine... so now I have burried my self in work once again. Sigh.
The army will be quite nice though. I'll be going for a little piece of the Mortificators chapter. Stranded on some unholy planet, hunted by Nids and now whittled down to a few last brave men. Plenty of special weapons, all geared for CC, only infantry units bar one assaultsquad.
They'll be a nice little army I think...but they have kept me from working on the Behemoth as much as I planned.

Anyhow, I've added the torn metal -t mentioned and also done some more work on the head and neck. And I filed the veins on the exhaust pipes down a bit. They still look very dominating but I blame the contrasting colours for this...for now:/

Pics:

·
Hrimfar
525 Posts
Looks really neat mate!

So - when will I have the honour of sending it back into the abyss from hence it came?

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
Oh dude, I'm not big on reading when there is perfectly good photos to look at, but I had no idea you were making a titan, I just thought it would be a big defiler is all. It looks awesome! If I had the spare cash I'd make one up like this too, its done really well and the exhaust pipes, make shift engines and the torn-up and plauged chaos icon looks fantastic for detail!

I can't wait to see what you do to the feet!
A+

·
Senior Citizen
719 Posts

I thought a while he'd be the Big Man in a squad of Templars I'm working on from time to time, but I most probably will never get around to finish him. The face was fun to paint though...
Looks like I turned up late for the party again. . always miss the start of the best threads.

Your projects just get better and Bigger!
The 'beast' of Nurgle is a fantastic piece, will it be self supporting or get a suitably large and scenic base?

The Marine (above) has just the feel I'm trying to get with my chaos bods, nice and grim.

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, it's always nice when stuff gets noticed.

The Titan Knight will get a scenic base, someone mentioned, in the Biped Defiler thread, something about using the crashed Aquilla lander from the Macragge set as a base for that. This idea is something I'll just rip straight from there.
I'll check out, and give credit later -I''m in quite a rush right now...
But if you read this, I owe you:)

The Marine will become a character of some sort (like the second Chaplain) in my Mortifactors army. It'll be great to finally find a place for him. I've had plans for this conversion for ages, but after an initial bluetack-dry-fit, he just ended up in my drawer for ages as a part of a BT-project I've been working on far slower than anything else... bar important stuff that is *sigh*

So, once again -thanks for your support.

And finally a non-pic update: I've finished stripping the parts I'll use for the cannon-arm and am examining the possibility of using Sentinel waists for feet-base. I'm also resketching the clawhand, thinking about a repositioning of stuff. I'd really like to get it into a bit more twisted angle. More life-like.

I am also trying out different flamers to use for the head as those are a bit oldschool. Next up are the ones from the Sentinel, they might fit just great...or not.

Oh, and I've made a "gutterplate exposing some wires and musculated/bleeding/fleshy metal and a powerhose for the flamers.

Eit: It was not the thread I first thought, it was the Urban Bases-thread and the clever person was Son of the Forge. Thanks for the idea mate:)

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Hmmm...I entered kind of a ponderingmode on this model. THere's a few things I need to clear out with the design of it.
The feet are still puzzeling me and it's left hand has gone through a number of blue-tac operations.
I've spent a night here and there doing things that looked great when I put it away but awful the next day, so they've been undone.
Then other projects caught my attention, the fourlegged Dread and my Space Marines. I've finally finished of a commisionary Chaplain and accidently built me a Nurgle Sorcerer on bike (almost 100% sculpt:) ) I'll post pics once he's done.
Then the "mano a mano"-comp really got me going for a while, I've been quite busy chopping up minis for that....
Oh, and I've been stripping SpaceMarines like a crazed fallen techmarine.

But for a short verbal update on the Titan...
I've built some tubings...

... and some eyes popping out of a leg, but those might go away soon.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts