Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
Fly Casual
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this thread is basically of chronicle of Cyric the Mad and Me, putting together our Warhound Titans. His Jackal will be in Dark Angels colors no doubt. If you haven’t seen his DA army WIP thread, go here and tremble at the sheer awesomeness of his painting and modeling prowess. My Mars pattern will hopefully fit in with my Guard, with an Inquisitorial twist. For my Imperial Guard WIP thread go here and you can look at that stuff too. Yay.
Comments are always welcome.

·
Fly Casual
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Scooter

I now present you with what I hope will someday be the Emperors right hand of Justice, the Heavy, the Destroyer, the Deathdealer, but for now, I shall call him… Scooter. Scooter’s an Imperial Mars Pattern Warhound Scout Titan. He’s armed with a Vulcan Mega Bolter (VMB) and a Turbo Laser Destroyer (TLD.) What’s that you say? The Mars Pattern Warhound only comes with a Vulcan Mega Bolter and a Plasma Blast Cannon (PBC)? Well, yes, but when your buddy is ordering a Jackal that gets his choice of weapons, you get him to order a VMB and a TLD and then swap him the PBC for the TLD. Keen huh?

Here’s the official certificate. If you can’t read it, it says, “The Fabricator General has decreed that your army may deploy the might of a WARHOUND TITAN. May your weapon be guarded against malfunction as your soul is guarded from impurity. The Machine God watches over you. Unleash the weapons of war. Unleash the Deathdealer.”
Kinda gets ya all tingly, don’t it?

Here are all the main pieces. Note: always make sure you’ve got everything before you start. Having to proxy a leg halfway through the project would suck.

The Head

The Torso

The VMB. It’s a BFG.

This is the part that kills me. These are all the bits. Top row: The feet, the toes, more toes, and God knows what. Middle Row: Pistons, little pistons, big pistons, and bitz. Bottom row: I have no idea, probably more pistons, and power cables.
OK, are you freakin’ kidding me? This thing has more loose ends then OJ’s alibi! Holy Crap! I distinctly feel a sense of dread and intimidation falling over me.
Ok, I will now be spending the next week cleaning off mould release, mould lines and injection points. That last point is going to require a dremmel and a saw. Oh, and look at this little warning here: Caution– inhaling resin dust will kill you, dead. –oh joy.
Wish me luck.
-J

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
2,642 Posts
Since Tweaker got this rolling for us, I figured I'd post my initial stuff as well. Just in case you didn't see it in my DA WIP thread, here's my fancy certificate:

Yes, this is horribly nerdy, but it also makes me tingle in some non-family friendly ways. I would like to take this time to point out that while Tweaker's titan seems to be a good deal older than mine, mine is numbered. Which of those really matters? Neither. But still.

Now on to the fun. Yes indeed, my Warhound will be painted in Dark Angels color and with DA iconography. Why? Because I want it to. In another thread someone came up with some acceptable fluff behind it, but really it's just because I think it'll look great. This is among the reasons I chose the Lucius Pattern titan - less ricketa-racketa and frilly edging on the armor, leaving me more room to customize.

I haven't come up with an acceptable name for this thing yet, so his working title will be Fluffy.

Fluffy will be armed with a VMB and a PBC. Below is a pic of the VMB and the PBC, as well as the TLD that 'm giving to LT as the swap for the PBC that, as his BFF, I decided to help with. WTF? Anyway. Guns:

Now, in case Tweaker didn't express this adequately - this thing has a TON of parts. I grabbed these photos as I was doing parts inventory, and I think my final count for parts on this thing is 150ish necessary parts and bits, plus a fair amount of leftover bits. Here's the basic legs assembly - most of the various pistons are in the two baggies:

And here's the general torso assembly.

Here's the titan crew, ready to laugh in the face of traitors everywhere (once they get all the flash and whatnot cut off of them so they can sit up straight).

HEED! PANTS!

I think I may have initially underestimated the scope of this project. Tweaker and I have a day scheduled next week to start working on posing and basing these things, and it will take me at least that long to clean up all of these parts. There is a fair amount of junk and flash on here, and as was stated, inhaling resin dust isn't fun.

It seems to me that the majority of the torso needs to be painted prior to assembly, so the initial effort may just be to get the legs posed. I refuse to let the rest of my army suffer because of this project (as it pertains to painting schedules, that is), so I'll be working on this concurrently with the rest of my army. Whee!

Re: the questions and speculation about where this money comes from - neither of us live like monks, but we both work our little tushies off. As for rich parents, none currently, but I'm holding out for a wealthy bride. Know any? ;)

·
Fly Casual
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$

I like the smooth sexyness of the Mars Pattern.
This is the kind of project that only comes along with the advent of a lot of overtime, Christmas bonuses and freelance work. That, and a very understanding wife. The kind of project that will most likely push both the wallet and the wife to the limit if I'm not careful.
Seriously, I've always wanted one (who hasn't) when the rules and the means fell into my lap. Who am I to say no to destiny?

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
Hi there, nice to see some titany goodnes, my friend just bought a jackal class titan issue number 537.

Id be glad you got 538 as his came with a Mars pattern 'neck' so it needs to be replaced by forge world. Its currently painted brown awaiting some dirty metal colouring. Good luck guys.

If you dont mind i might pop some more images in on this thread of my mates progress.

Dan

·
Fly Casual
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SO I was prepping all the bits, and day dreaming about how cool it’s gonna look once I get it all painted up when I thought to myself, ‘Self, how IS this thing gonna be painted up? I’ve got an Imperial Guard army and the beginnings of a SOB army. Below are examples of both. I’d like Scooter to fit in with both armies. Black and tan with highlights of red or vice versa. So, I’m asking for any opinions and/or advice. How should I paint up this bad boy? Also, if you have any links to alternate titan color schemes that you think are pretty cool, that would be appreciated as well.

Air Cadia. Here's a link to my actual WIP thread.

The SOBs

Domo Arigato.
-J

·
Air brush addict
221 Posts
Hi i'm danjones87 friend with the titan im about 3 quarters way through the legs now and probs b moving on to painting my first bit of interior today. I may be wrong but from the pics it looks like you got the wrong front hub aswell very annoying seeing as i had to wait ages for my titan in the first place grrrr but i spose its gave me time to paint the rest and not rush it well best of look to you guys maybe we can post pics of all 3 at some point.

·
Fly Casual
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A note of warning to all. When you are cleaning the releasing agents from your resin models, do not use your wife's brand new pots and pans to scrub the pieces in. Her reaction was... not good.
With some input I think I've settled on a paint scheme. It will be black and red, with tan ID markings similar to what the Guard often puts on the front sides of their tanks. I'm still working on the murals to paint on the sides. The details and trim I'm kinda making up as I go. I promise new pix monday night along with sketch ideas for the murals.
-J

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
2,642 Posts
Tweaker and I had a decent day of titan geekiness today. Unfortunately for me, it involved discovering that one of the parts they sent me is for a Mars pattern titan, so I've got to call Forge World and get a new part. Grr.

Id be glad you got 538 as his came with a Mars pattern 'neck' so it needs to be replaced by forge world.
This is actually exactly what happened to me too. Looks like FlayedOne tried to warn me about it, but I misunderstood or just wasn't paying attention. I need to call them to ask about other stuff I'm waiting on anyway. It'll be a good call. I've got quite the rapport with those guys.

With that particular part of my plan shot, I opted instead to start painting the cockpit. I got one gunner and most of the instrument panel done. So here's my gunner:

And the instrument panel:

Not bad progress for what amounted to just a couple of hours of actual painting. Hopefully I'll finish up the cockpit here soon.

1 - 20 of 220 Posts