Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Chaos Newbies+Vets alike. I have a debates/open question regarding the usage of Big A and Typhus. After reading the wonderful tactica ironangel put together i was just pondering how you could use these characters in a fluffy campaign without giving them being useful. Both characters biggest flaw is movement. Either they teleport in by themselves or you give them a landraider. Both options are risky. So here is my question. What other ways can you get them involved in the fighting with the least amount of risk. The only other option i can think of would be character bombing. Hold them in reserve, then use an icon on one of your inflitrated chosen units to bring him in close. Then have your chosen tie up a unit in front of your special to block LOS. Then in the following turn have said special start the slaughter. Thing is this tactic means your chosen must survive until her hits the board and you may also be throwing your chosen to the lions. Anyone have any better ideas?

·
Registered
306 Posts
you could use both as counter attack units. u need more fire power than your opponent to make him come to you and when his cc monsters hit your line bring in the bad guys.
i could imagine a death guard army could do well. just footslogg a little forward with some plaque marines to get in bolter/plasma range and plae typhus behind that meatshiled. plaque marines are hard to kill with shooting so when you opponent attaks them, you counter charge with typhus. when he doesn't attack, you'll probably win this firefight due to the plaque marines incredible staying power.

·
Swarm Queen of LO
1,174 Posts
Well, throwing either one in a land raider with 4 terminators is a very expensive option, but another one.

I always feel silly putting assault units in land raiders though, because you're missing out on all that nice firepower for 2-3 turns while you rush your unit forward. Now, if Chaos had access to the Land Raider Crusader, it'd be a very different story.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.